Forums

Help › Forums

Idea - We need a way to chat in real time.

rated by 0 users
Sun, Nov 1 2009 6:03 PM (4 replies)
  • GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2009 12:07 PM

I don't think this would be very hard to program in. Even very old multiplayer games have the option.

We need to be able to chat or private message (in real time) the people on our friends list.

The send message button takes forever and is a bit of a pain to use.

It's hard to organize a game with your friends without it.

Thanks for any consideration,

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2009 12:53 PM

GD-

http://www.wgt.agls.org.uk

Fast becoming the community you're looking for. Check out the "Meet and Greet" tab.

YJ

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2009 3:08 PM

Or ...

Ventrillo

Teamspeak

There are many different ways to chat real time, you just have to look for them.  =)

• GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2009 3:31 PM

I have been a gamer for many years, I'm well aware of all of those programs and do use them to some extent.

However, many people don't use them and don't care to do so.

All I'm asking is that we could possibly right click a person in our friends list and be able to chat with them.

By the way, thanks Yankee...I'll have a look.

GD

• Colber
    19 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2009 6:03 PM

The tournament I am an Admin for uses the Teamspeak program and we have around 100 to 150 people on it alot of times.  Could have different IP adresses for Match Play, Stroke Play and a Lounge area for setting up rounds for that particular style.

If used there would need to be an area that listed the IPs for each area and an admin to help allow people to register with the IP, utilizing Server Admin rights.

RSS