Forums

Help › Forums

Ran out of balls

Fri, Oct 30 2009 6:14 PM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • gitthe
    66 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 12:55 PM

I know it's a personal problem but I ran out of balls in the middle of a premium tournament.  I suggest being able to buy more balls in the middle of a round when this happens.  Maybe a dialog box pops up and says do you want to purchase additional balls?

It would also be nice if there was some monitor or tally of how many balls you have left to prevent this from happening.  My bad for not catching it, but it certainly didn't help my round any.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 1:03 PM

I go grocery shopping once a week... for all my fresh produce, poultry, seafood and other necessary items.  It's all there when I need it.

Others go grocery shopping every night just before dinner.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 1:09 PM

gitthe:

I suggest being able to buy more balls in the middle of a round when this happens.  Maybe a dialog box pops up and says do you want to purchase additional balls?

You can buy balls during a round and have them show up in your 'bag' but it has to happen before you run out.

Whenever I start a game I always click on my equipment and check. I was not sure if you knew this by the wording of your post. 

I hope Pinehurst was fun.........................I'm really jealous. 

• gitthe
    66 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 1:18 PM

Sure you can buy balls in the middle of a round, I'm asking for the functionality to use the balls once you have bought them in the middle of the round.

As it works now, it substitutes the standard ball until your round is complete. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 1:32 PM

I learned the hard way about running out in the middle of a round and trying to resupply. You can't do it.

The fix is pretty simple-buy a bunch and don't worry about it. You can do this real easy when you're in the pro shop. After you click purchase and you get the "equip my bag" screen use your browser back button to return to the previous page. You can click "buy" again and the process can be repeated as many times as you want. Each time you do your account is debited and your bag is supplied.

Caution: the credit balance does not update if you buy this way so you need to make sure you have enough to keep going. Very convenient to pick up 3 or 4 sleeves at once.

YJ

• TarheelsRule
    5,483 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 1:48 PM

You should make sure you have enough balls prior to starting a round or a tournament.  In real golf if you run out of balls or even don't have enough of the exact brand of balls you started with you would be disqualified for the round.  If you look at it that way if your ran out of a brand of balls you couldn't even switch back to the free ones.  A little bit of preparation should be required.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 2:10 PM

gitthe:

Sure you can buy balls in the middle of a round, I'm asking for the functionality to use the balls once you have bought them in the middle of the round.

As it works now, it substitutes the standard ball until your round is complete. 

I kind of figured you knew that, but I wasn't sure. 

I think that before it just defaults to the 'standard' ball it should ask if you want to go buy more.

It would even be nice if you received a 'last ball warning' when your last ball is put in play.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 3:43 PM

Running out of balls.  You know, upon reflection, that happens to me all the time on Kiawah #17.  I play the entire round firing directly at the pins and I get to #17 and run out of balls.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 3:49 PM

Well, that's nothing... I was gonna bet tibbets and that crazy canuck ALee their lunch that I could beat them both at match play...

Then I ran out of balls, too....

/rimshot

(its a joke!  RELAX!)

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 5:50 PM

Snaike... looks like we put the lid on that thread.

• PAGES
RSS