I would hold out and get the lvl 55 TM driver, that should be good for you until you get into the mid to upper 80s lvl and then you may need to upgrade again, especially from legend tees. Look at lvl 39 ATV or lvl 44 MD wedges, those should make a huge difference in your scoring.
Agreed. The Level 55 TM driver sticks out like a sore thumb.
However, as a newcomer myself having signed up 4 weeks ago, I thought the best way to make any meaningful progress in terms of moving up tiers with no undue delay would be to adopt the following policy.
1) start with replacing the driver. The titleist TS2 driver (269 yds) will do the job beyond the Level 80 ballpark before an upgrade is necessary.
2) the second area is the need to replace the starter wedges with either of the L39 ATV’s and/or thePing 80 wedge and the Cleveland 105 wedge to get a 105/80/60 distance gap in place.
3) get a reasonable putter. The TM spider will do till around lvl 65/70 when I suspect it will be necessary for upgrading.
4) from the outset use the 100cr slow meter WGT ball or if you are flushed start using the Callaway 300cr slow meter balls.
5) finally ditch the starter 3W and get the M5 TaylorMade 3W to cope with Tour Pro and Master yardages. That will, I suspect, need replacing at circa Level 80 or thereabouts.