Help › Forums

Clash 101

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 15 2019 5:54 AM (27 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Thu, Jun 13 2019 11:53 AM

AlaskanDame:
    Yep, we just got Pinehurst, too --- F9 BTW.

Not an easy one out there today. . . dare I say "yet?" Trifecta of "NOT MUCH FUN" lol.

UPDATE: Tom, did you say BETHPAGE B9? I guess that's the "easy" one of the four.

Not really easy with high winds.And Chambers Bay B9 was especially hard with high winds. The one time i played it # 12 with a 30 mph head wind couldn't even reach it.

• AlaskanDame
    19,006 Posts
    Thu, Jun 13 2019 12:16 PM

borntobesting:

AlaskanDame:
    Yep, we just got Pinehurst, too --- F9 BTW.

Not an easy one out there today. . . dare I say "yet?" Trifecta of "NOT MUCH FUN" lol.

UPDATE: Tom, did you say BETHPAGE B9? I guess that's the "easy" one of the four.

Not really easy with high winds.And Chambers Bay B9 was especially hard with high winds. The one time i played it # 12 with a 30 mph head wind couldn't even reach it.

Yes, could be that Merion is the "Easy" one, lol.

• zebbydog
    225 Posts
    Thu, Jun 13 2019 12:48 PM

Been managing to get GIR on chambers most shots but then 60ft+ putts. Only one bird in 2 rounds, plenty of bogies.

• zebbydog
    225 Posts
    Thu, Jun 13 2019 12:51 PM

I dunno these last few clashes high winds, fast greens difficult courses. Taking the fun out of it. Making it a chore to play is not good.

• AlaskanDame
    19,006 Posts
    Thu, Jun 13 2019 1:45 PM

Stumbled onto Bethpage in round 4, so now my club has played one of each course.  Personally, am doing much better at Bethpage, even with the wind against.  At least can reach the greens in GIR, unlike the longer holes at Chambers Bay and Pinehurst, not to mention Merion 18, but who ever reaches that green in 2 even with a tailwind, lol?!  Cheers!

I agree about the course difficulty, but TG for 11 greens, not 13.

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Thu, Jun 13 2019 2:10 PM

borntobesting:

Your only hope on that one is to try and bounce it out of the fescue on the far side of the ridge that's short and right of the green.  Thankfully the physics on downward-sloping fescue bounces hasn't ever been fixed.  Like hitting some sort of rocket boost if you happen to land on a downslope...

And yes, the course selection so far has definitely been 'not Scottish'...  ;-)

• jacktrade51
    10,923 Posts
    Thu, Jun 13 2019 2:31 PM

AlaskanDame:
    UPDATE: Tom, did you say BETHPAGE B9?

Yes.  BP B9 it is.

Merion B9 is not impossible.  Winds don't kill on Merion, greens do and slowing down to 11 speed helps us more, I think, than the wind hurts.  Same might be true on PH, which I am about to play.

• AlaskanDame
    19,006 Posts
    Thu, Jun 13 2019 3:23 PM
    Jerm65:
    borntobesting:
    But at least #12 is a par 4. Can still be reached in 2 for GIR.
  • AlaskanDame
    19,006 Posts
    Thu, Jun 13 2019 10:23 PM

RECAP: Merion, Chambers, Pinehurst, Bethpage, Merion, Bethpage, Merion, Bethpage, Merion, Chambers, Bethpage.  Nice way to end.  Chambers with that wind was brutal.

• zebbydog
    225 Posts
    Thu, Jun 13 2019 10:28 PM

Still not seen anything other than Chambers and Merion.

RSS