Help › Forums

Players who disconnect in rated stroke play

Fri, Oct 30 2009 5:19 PM (7 replies)
  • cutflower
    24 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 12:13 AM

This is starting to peev me off  - 

Ive had so many players disconnect because they missed 3 putts

Is there a list of such players and should one be started?

Also,  does that mean I have to continue the game -  or is forfeit a better option?

ie   wiil it affect my rating?

Again another good reason to be able to resume a saved /recalled rated game so I can kick their butt   LOL

• cutflower
    24 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 12:19 AM

ahh -  I searched disconnect and its an interesting read.

personally I think there should be a penalty  -  unless they say "  sorry Im having a bad day and I need to practice more"

but on that note -  there are technical disconnects but they never semm to happen when they are under par :)

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 3:40 PM

cutflower:

Is there a list of such players and should one be started?

cutflower:

but on that note -  there are technical disconnects but they never semm to happen when they are under par :)

Hey cutflower... a couple of points.

1. No, there is not a list and if you think you need to start one, it will not only get deleted, it may get you a few days off.  WGT prohibits calling people out on the forums.   You can keep your own list, however you choose to, of people that you don't want to play again because they quit... but you can't publish it here.  (Have you looked at the Ladder site?  People don't usually quit there.)
    2. I have had a few technical disconnects... mainly when I am single player game, once when I was on pace to set my best score ever (/boo!)... and I have been shut out of MP Stroke and Match play games while ahead.  So, yes, technical disconnex ~do~ happen when you are in a good round.

Hope that helps a little.  Have a nice day.

• cutflower
    24 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 3:57 PM

good call -  and yes im starting my own list with a real pen and paper,

and on that note - i make a list of courteous people too   -  who at least say "this is a bad day and my mouse is sticky"

• SonofAnarchy
    130 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 4:33 PM

add me to the i dont quit list....i like to be humbled....

• squeakapoo
    4 Posts
    Fri, Oct 30 2009 5:09 PM

Snaike:

(Have you looked at the Ladder site?  People don't usually quit there.)

Ladder site?

1. GITrDONE
      701 Posts
      Fri, Oct 30 2009 5:13 PM

You can add me to the Don't quit list too..I play for fun...Losing is part of the game for a true sportsman.

Larry

2. Faterson
      2,902 Posts
      Fri, Oct 30 2009 5:19 PM

squeakapoo:
      Ladder site?

Yeah, at wgtls.co.uk

RSS