Forums

Help › Forums

Should have a 25%-50%-75% mark on speed meter

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 26 2009 10:49 PM (8 replies)
  • cotton1961
    4 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2009 7:11 AM

If you would divide the speed meter to 25%-50%-75% players would have a better idea of how far to let the meter go if they are only wanting to hit a ball 22 yds when they have a 50 yd wedge. It's diffucult to guess with no markings on the meter at all.

Thank You

David Thames

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2009 7:26 AM

cotton1961:

If you would divide the speed meter to 25%-50%-75% players would have a better idea of how far to let the meter go if they are only wanting to hit a ball 22 yds when they have a 50 yd wedge. It's diffucult to guess with no markings on the meter at all.

Thank You

David Thames

Hi David,

This has been addressed before.. the graduated swing meter.. and it has been shot down by WGT.  IIRC, they said it would ruin the "Feel" of the game.  They are striving for realism here, not "Protractor Golf".

Peace                                                      

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2009 7:55 AM

It's real alright, Real Hard..LOL...no complaints here though..I've played all the easy golf games that don't deserve name recognition on this site and I was shooting around 50 on every round after only a week or two...This game will not make me lose intrest it will only peak my intrest as I strive for the Master Tier..those of you who are there already,my hat is off to y'all..Congrats...

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2009 11:07 AM

Get a piece of tape and divide it into four parts, or go play Tiger Woods Online.

• heggycheek
    2 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2009 12:14 PM

1. i have a lot of problems with the speed bar...it lags and cause the bar to hesitate so speed bar is a bare for me right now. Not sure what it is.

2. Becasue of this i cant play as quickly as I would like cause i have to let the first and sometimes the second swing go thru with out hit the ball and wait for third swing and then hit it but by then im at  45 seconds left and  people become agrevated because i cant play as fast as the would like.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2009 1:06 PM

I actually have a transparent ruler that is working quite well for now...But if you put the tape on,do it in the putting screen because there is a slight differential in where the meter appears on the screen for the various shot types..They are all just a little different

By the way The Great Tiger Woods is not up and running yet.But Im sure we will have quite a few defecters due the challenging level of skill that is needed on WGT...What ashame...

Thanks,Larry

• jeff26
    97 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2009 10:38 AM

heggycheek:
    1. i have a lot of problems with the speed bar...it lags and cause the bar to hesitate so speed bar is a bare for me right now. Not sure what it is.

it is wgt's dual 56k modem servers

• whitten1823
    84 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2009 10:59 AM

To Jeff, at the top right of forums you'll see System Requirements. In case you don't know about it. If not go into there and it'll tell you things to do to help with that.

Thanks whit

To post, it sounds like a good idea, but I think it would take away from the realism of wgt. I don't know about others, but  when I need a 50  or 75 % shot on the course I'm not always going to be exactly on 50 or 75. You just get as close as you can. I see that you've only  been playing wgt for almost a month. Well one you get more experience with the game and swing meter and clubs you'll be able to get a lot closer to 25, 50, 75, etc. That's just my thoughts.

Thanks whit

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2009 10:49 PM

cotton1961:

Thank You

David Thames

David, this game is trying to be close to real life golf. You have to judge for yourself how hard to hit a shot on a real course, so it should be the same here.  The biggest problem I have found with the speed meter is the skipping and freezing. If that is ever fixed, we will have a super game here.

RSS