Help › Forums

NIKE Vapor irons

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 13 2019 5:44 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • rabrown53
    96 Posts
    Sun, Mar 10 2019 4:58 PM

now that these irons are no longer available, is anyone else having issues with consistent distances?  i mapped the clubs when i got them and they seemed to be consistent until shortly after they were removed from the pro shop.  i know it is probably me but it just seems strange that i was having good success with them and now i don't.  any thoughts?

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Mar 10 2019 6:45 PM

rabrown53:

now that these irons are no longer available, is anyone else having issues with consistent distances?  i mapped the clubs when i got them and they seemed to be consistent until shortly after they were removed from the pro shop.  i know it is probably me but it just seems strange that i was having good success with them and now i don't.  any thoughts?

No issues here. And they were removed from the Pro Shop two years ago. If there were systemic issues with the clubs, I would think that there would have been a lot more threads about them over the last two years. 

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2019 8:36 AM

Robert1893:
    No issues here. And they were removed from the Pro Shop two years ago.

true but they've still been available for purchase. up until a few weeks ago.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2019 8:48 AM

Mythanatos:

Yes, I realize that. That's why I framed my post the way I did. I didn't write they became unavailable for purchase 2 years ago. I wrote that were removed from the Pro Shop two years ago. That's a difference with a distinction. 

And the point remains. If there were systemic issues, there would be multiple threads about this. Indeed, this issue was raised before (in a single thread, a number of months ago). While there were a couple of different opinions on what was happening, ultimately, the person who raised the question said the issue worked its way out. 

In other words, any perceived issues are simple anomalies. 

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2019 10:51 AM

rabrown53:

One possible explanation is that you changed your ball. I saw that you switched  from the level 81 TM to the level 96 TM. If you switched because the level 96 has ,5 more distance thinking it will get you more distance you might be wrong. The full point more spin might actually cause your shots to be a little shorter. And with some high spin balls you get bigger deviations on miss hits, 

Choose one ball and stick with it and your performance should be more consistent. 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2019 10:58 AM

borntobesting:
       One possible explanation is that you changed your ball. I saw that you switched  from the level 81 TM to the level 96 TM. If you switched because the level 96 has ,5 more distance thinking it will get you more distance you might be wrong. The full point more spin might actually cause your shots to be a little shorter. And with some high spin balls you get bigger deviations on miss hits, 

Choose one ball and stick with it and your performance should be more consistent.

Great catch as well as excellent advice. 

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2019 11:01 AM

Mythanatos:

Robert1893:
    No issues here. And they were removed from the Pro Shop two years ago.

I don't know where you got that misinformation but Nike clubs have been gone since 2017.

• PAGES
    •  
    •  
    • Swinning12 United States
      10 Posts
      02-28-2017 6:34 AM

Why have the Nike clubs been removed from the game? 

• Over 2 years ago, 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2019 11:06 AM

borntobesting:
    I don't know where you got that misinformation but Nike clubs have been gone since 2017.

There was a bit of glitch in the mobile platform that allowed people to purchase the clubs after they were removed from the Pro Shop.

Basically, if you view another player's profile through the mobile app and view their clubs, you can purchase the same clubs. Even after the Nike clubs were removed, a  player could still purchase the Nike clubs that way. You just needed to find a player who had them. 

On these boards, the glitch was discussed at length (in a fairly animated way by some). 

Edit: By the way, if you do a Google search of "Puzzling ? on Nike Clubs" you can find the thread. But you have to click on the cached version because WGT deleted the thread.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2019 3:25 PM

Robert1893:
    There was a bit of glitch in the mobile platform that allowed people to purchase the clubs after they were removed from the Pro Shop.

Basically, if you view another player's profile through the mobile app and view their clubs, you can purchase the same clubs. Even after the Nike clubs were removed, a  player could still purchase the Nike clubs that way. You just needed to find a player who had them. 

So basically they were available only in the Oakmont Pro Shop???

;)

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2019 5:35 PM

Robert1893:
    On these boards, the glitch was discussed at length (in a fairly animated way by some). 

+1 when i grabbed mine.

And yep, certain people on here made a huge song and dance about the fact that the opportunity was available.

Do   Andy

• PAGES
RSS