Forums

Help › Forums

*** WGTicon's Community Putting Challenge ***

Tue, May 12 2020 2:26 PM (66 replies)
  • fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 5:24 AM

DoctorLarry:

The point of my post is that nothing above 100 FT scale will show - I can't adjust up to the 150 or 300 ft scale. 

I think you are misreading it. When you made that 36yd put, you were using a 100yd scale not 100ft. When you are off the green, your scale shows yds. I do see in the mobile game the scale seems to max out at 33yds. The putts still go off at full speed though, so perhaps this is a display error.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 11:22 AM

44yds. That's it for me - not trying again.

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 4:25 PM

Outstanding, Mags. I've been bangin' away @ 41 an' only got to 1.2' from 'er. Guess I'll be shootin' fer 45 now , lol.

Doc :)

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Thu, Mar 7 2019 8:09 PM

fmagnets:
    I think you are misreading it. When you made that 36yd put, you were using a 100yd scale not 100ft. When you are off the green, your scale shows yds.

You are, of course, 100% correct.  My brain has apparently taken a vacation without notifying me and thus was ignoring what you told me, what I saw, and what I should have already known!!

It appears the trouble I was having getting to the green was that I was in deeper rough.  I knocked it up into some 20-25% rough today and had no trouble hitting it down to nearly the creek!  I spent a bit of time knocking it around today but I have so much trouble with hand/eye coordination now, I have trouble with a ding.  I found it made a huge difference in distance between a ding and a very near mis-ding for this type of shot!

• RoggRR
    585 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2019 3:46 PM

fmagnets:

44yds. That's it for me - not trying again.

Nice.Congrats.  Last night, i was very close several times, including 1 drop in/out, 0.6ft. I will try again tomorrow.
    45y? .... not possible to do, guess

Edit: tried it today. no luck ...44y...miss, 0.8ft

DoctorLarry:

It appears the trouble I was having getting to the green was that I was in deeper rough.  I knocked it up into some 20-25% rough today and had no trouble hitting it down to nearly the creek!  I spent a bit of time knocking it around today but I have so much trouble with hand/eye coordination now, I have trouble with a ding.  I found it made a huge difference in distance between a ding and a very near mis-ding for this type of shot!

Yeah, dont have to ding it. All is about to get good curve when a ball goes over the green in proper speed, or the ball will pass the hole and many times will go out. When it stops inside 2-3ft, then you need to make very little aim and/or power adjusting.
    "Unlock grid", that might help. gl.

"Unlock greed", lol

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2019 4:20 PM

RoggRR:
    "Unlock greed", that might help. gl.

LOL - I know it's a typo but maybe that is what I need!!

I have hit the stick and lipped the hole so much in this challenge it is not funny!  Inconsistency of my reaction kills me.

• wonputtzz
    14 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2019 9:55 PM

So I just made a putt from 36 yds in front of the pond behind the green and heard the "Amazing, simply amazing" and then got the wgt popup thing and the screen froze and wouldn't let me save the replay.  Any way around this?  ;-(

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Mar 12 2019 9:17 PM

thanks everyone, i will tabulate these this week and sent out the prizes to the winners!

RSS