Forums

Help › Forums

Match Play Disconnects

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 22 2009 2:46 PM (7 replies)
  • puddle2
    13 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2009 12:14 PM

Please advise...I'm playing an opponent (beating them mind you) and they decide to disconnect (read: quit).  Now I have to wait 10 minutes to give them an opportunity to reconnect?  Meanwhile, my only choices are to wait or to forfeit a match in which I was ahead.

I'm not seeing the logic.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2009 1:12 PM

Hi Puddle2....

The reason there is a 10 minute wait is because there are legitimate reasons some people leave the game.... disconx and the like.  Those people deserve a chance to get back into the game, no?  (We both know that 95% of all quitting is done on purpose, but let's not punish the other 5%.)

Granted, the 10 minute wait is a bit excessive, but as it's WGT's first attempt at Match Play, please allow them to fine tune it.  If you will search out the forums you will find that there are a number of threads with the same complaint.  It will get worked out , I believe.

For now, when you have a wait like this, I would suggest finding something else to do for the 10 mins or so and then move on to the next game.

Just my 2¢

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2009 2:06 PM

While I'm sure it is just one of life's little coincidences, I have yet to have anyone quit or disconnect when I was one or two down. Always the reverse.

• BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2009 2:15 PM

You can always read this while your waiting.  Laugh and add to it.

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2009 7:00 PM

totally Agree.....I'm 3 up on the 6 hole about to go 4 up and win when a player disconnect and then they made me wait 10 minutes to boot......That doesn't seem right......

• Cyborhog
    6 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2009 8:02 PM

Like I said from the beginning.  Disconnect should be monitored and some how penalized.  

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2009 10:54 AM

And the traffic light only catches you when you're running late.  :)         

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Thu, Oct 22 2009 2:46 PM

I have only been playing for 5 days and I have only played 5 matchs.Two were completed sucessfully but three of them were disconnected(they were losing those).

I didn't know I was losing points somehow.I also don't know about the 10min waiting period.Can anyone explain this to me.I am a newcomer so any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks anybody...

RSS