Forums

Help › Forums

The Bridgestone Pro Tour (BPT)

Sat, Nov 14 2009 7:45 PM (52 replies)
  • ggggavin22
    21 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2009 4:57 PM

this tour has been canceled due to some personal issues with my family. i will not be available for awhile. im really sorry but this isnt going to work.

ggggavin22

• gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Tue, Oct 20 2009 5:59 PM

Oh boy, another tour ... we'll see how this one works out. And you have already started another tournament, too! Here's some construcive criticism, my organization-enthusiastic friend: based on earlier tours that may or may not have succeeded, it is impossible to expect a good amount of people to play four rounds in four days! People have lives to live, and they're not available to play a round every single day. One full tour that has worked is the WGA Tour, in which a tournament is run from Thursday to Wedneday. Sure, that's not like the PGA Tour - but people are more likely to participate often if they have time to spare and not have to be pressed for time to complete their rounds. I guess I'll try this one and see how it works out.

gaoerfuqiu

Pro - 72.20

Remember that there are very high standards to run an entire tour - you're asking for 36 holes of golf over four days every week from November until February! If you don't put in enough effort, or stop in the middle, you'll have a tough time getting lots of sign-ups if you try another tourney. You'd better be darn sure you're not wasting everyone's time with this ... you're jumping over fire with one foot. You just started sign-ups for a separate tournament, you've never even run a tournament before - not exactly the greatest credentials for immediately beginning an entire tour! However, I think you deserve a shot, albeit a big one ... don't dissapoint! Thanks and good luck.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2009 1:54 PM

Well, I enjoy the idea of tour, with multiple tournaments.  Lets see how it goes.

Count me in. 

Master 64.07 at the present time.

• ThunderBoltz
    740 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2009 2:10 PM

I will give it a go. Pro 73.05

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2009 2:28 PM

OK gavin .. I have to admit, the idea appeals to me , but we've already seen a couple of these mutli- tournament deals fall thru.

I'd be interested, but I'd like to know who these "fellow friends" are ... and if you & your friends are really dedicated enough  follow it through to the end.

• HigherThanYall
    51 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2009 2:44 PM

well see how it goes....Master 69.00

• ggggavin22
    21 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2009 3:09 PM

Me and my friends who dont play WGT but like golf. They are helping me with organizing and making sure it goes right.

• STUDIOSHD
    180 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2009 3:35 PM

Ok ggggavin, its a great idea but will be tiresome at the end. I would join but I'm not going to dedicate myself to play from November to Feburary, due to I will have work from my Insrtuctors to do that will take some time some weeks heavier than others and Mid-Terms to study for in December, Also I have to sign up for spring classes this November, Mid Terms in Spring and I'm also running 3 tourneys in December and in the future months. It might sound small but it take majority of my time.

Some players might sign up, but due to other tourneys for example The Ryder Cup  has been goin on for months and looking at the constant posts in its thread we really don't know when its goin to end. When tourneys like that and others that run for months  finish some players will be tired and will not participate in another tourney that will last for months.

But besides that Best of Luck.

• STUDIOSHD
    180 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2009 3:42 PM

Plus another thing I saw you advertise your tourney in another thread. I agree with gaoer, that is a NO NO here. Its only right to send out invites to players, not just random but to ones you know or think that might want to join your tourney.

I know its your second tourney and you're hyped about it. But there are and will always be set rules and guidelines to uphold.

Don't take this the wrong way just some advice that will help in the long run.

• cindythepitbull
    58 Posts
    Wed, Oct 21 2009 4:18 PM

cindythepitbull: master 70.34

i would like to play if the opportunity was presented to me.

thanks for the consideration

RSS