Forums

Help › Forums

WORLD CUP 2019

Tue, Jun 18 2019 8:47 PM (1,489 replies)
  • DoubleEagleRob
    471 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 1:21 PM

DoubleeagleRob (SEL Kumbaya Thunderchickens Vs pgoldfinch Paragon 3)

Nice to get a hit against you Pat and you played some incredible pitch shots and holes outs on the 4th, 9th and 12th.

Fortunately I had some good moments too with eagles on 5, 7 and 12 and with the roll of the ball going for me tonight I was lucky to come away a with a 4 & 3 win.

Thanks for the game

Rob

• zerixx
    55 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 2:39 PM

zerixx (Group 5 -- Round 1 vs. mikeyb6)

I won 6 up.

Enjoyed Mikey's company, we had a tight match going until about the turn and I got lucky and hit a few good shots and putts at the right time.  Hope to see Mikey in the future, a good fellow.

-Kyle.

• binkybaxter1
    1,556 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 3:01 PM

group4  binkybaxter1 (thunderchook) v qqvonpewpew (paragon3)

Fine play from josh who wins 1up, + beats lilmisschittyputty (easy).

ty josh :)

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 3:14 PM

Group 4

Kumbaya Thunderchickens v PARAGON 3

#5 binkybaxter (binks) v #145 qqvonpewpew (Josh)

F9 was typical matchplay, Soon as someone went one up they were pegged back to all square, 1 up, level & so on til Josh managed to make the turn at 1 up & It took a clutch birdie putt from binks on the 9th to stop him going 2 up.

B9, Josh hung onto his 1 up lead & extended It to 2 up on the 14th & then binks got one back on the 16th to make It Josh 1 up with 2 to play.

Josh got no wind love with his approach to the 17th but binks played a peach, Josh's long eagle attempt tailed off which left binks with a 7 & a 1/2 footer for Eagle to tie up the match.

She under-aimed It but we thought she was gonna do one of her now Infamous OFF off dings but she "only" off dinged It & missed by 1/2 a Cup so down to the last with the match still In the balance.

Two great tee shots, binks finished 3 yd's above the hole to leave a relatively easy eagle putt so pressure back onto Josh & he managed to leave his ball between the front of the green & the hole.

Josh sank his Eagle putt from 15 Ft to seal the win so an Eagle Eagle fin for both players & Josh won 1 up.

Game was played In good spirits & the match could have gone either way or finished In a draw quite easily.

Also a shout out to the top support for both players from both CC's

Ken

• qqvonpewpew
    35 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 3:21 PM

Jesus Ken you could have just said who won and who lost, didn't really need the whole match recap.

Also, it was very enjoyable to play against the Binks. 

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 4:21 PM

Group 2, Round 1, Tie #6: Aphrodite vs Las Vegas Knights

Player #82 JohnHancock (Aphrodite) vs Player #466 Wutpa (LVK).

A great and enjoyable match this afternoon against John, which certainly could have gone either way.

John won the first hole after I hit 4/4 late dings and I was really struggling with my timing. I managed to get it back on the next hole after finally hitting the D-spot but he pulled ahead again on the 4th, only for me to get back to AS on the 5th. He then won the 6th and I pulled it back again on the 7th. Yo-yo golf.

I couldn't seem to get a foothold in the game, every time I thought I had played a shot that would put me ahead John played something great that snuffed out my dreams.

AS at the turn but I finally managed to get my nose in front by winning the 10th and John was now chasing for the first time in the match. It didn't stay that way long though because he won the 12th to pull me back to AS for the fourth time in the match. Nonetheless it was a very enjoyable tussle with nothing much in it.

On to the 14th and john pulled his drive way left into some kind of miserable midden, but somehow hacked out and onto the back fringe with an excellent recovery shot. I had a bendy downhill 5-footer of evil intent but just wobbled it in for my bird to go back to 1 Up.

And with that something changed. I nailed my tee shot on the 15th to 6 inches and won that to go 2 Up, and then on the 16th John's approach was 4 yds away while mine was 4 feet. He just missed the putt, I didn't, and that brought the curtain down.

A 3Up win then, but against a very nice guy. We were neck and neck for the longest time, and I feel happy and relieved to have come out ahead against such a great player.

Thanks for the game John, and good luck to you and Aphrodite in the rest of the competition.

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 6:07 PM

qqvonpewpew:

Jesus Ken you could have just said who won and who lost, didn't really need the whole match recap.

Also, it was very enjoyable to play against the Binks. 

:)

Oops sorry Josh, I left a lot of the holes out, I'll do better the next time! ;)

Ken

• vivian1234
    3,913 Posts
    Wed, Mar 6 2019 10:05 PM

vivian1234:
    Group 5  Round 1

230 Belzik  beats  OnlyBazza 251  4&3

Another great fun match,  awesome efforts.  Congrats !

Cheers,

Viv x x

RSS