Forums

Help › Forums

Most Realistic?

Sun, Dec 30 2018 8:04 PM (35 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,676 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2018 8:29 PM

fobby1980:
    I find that playing on mobile, a slight misding on long irons can be really brutal.

My experience is the opposite. I agree with DoctorLarry. The mobile game is very forgiving both off the tee and with long irons. 

• MaDch
    13 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2018 12:57 AM

"The most realistic" does not give an indication of how realistic it really is at all. It's just more realistic than all the other online golf games.

And I believe that's true.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2018 10:16 AM

hpurey:

The things that do make WGT the most realistic are....  to me anyway...

1. The graphics.  Most realistic views I've seen yet in a golf game

2. The continuing challenge of the game. Most golf video games get old quick because they get too easy too quick.

3. Continuation of #2 in a way.... Not every shot turns out the same... just as real golf.

4. Possibly only more realistic for me, I'm better off with long putts than short putts.

**Edit

As soon as I left this thread another reason popped into my head.  

5. You actually need to take the time to learn what your clubs/ball choice can do as far as distance. Every other golf game I've played you could just use the distance the game told you that club would go.

+1  HPurey

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2018 12:37 PM

Realistic is a brave word to name any Golf game, games who prase itself of be ''the best or most realistic''

in this case two other Golf games (at least) are in front of wgt, wich is a good game of Golf, well represented by the course look (mostly)

But in therms of gameplay the search of commitment  with the realism...well, others games are more that side

The golf club 2019

Links2003

Perfect Golf - Perfect Parallel

...then

WGT

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2018 1:22 PM

LEDzZzEPP:

...well, others games are more that side

The golf club 2019

Links2003

talking about "Browser" Games...

When is the last time you were able to login to Perfect Par.....

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2018 1:55 PM

fatdan:

LEDzZzEPP:

The golf club 2019

Links2003

Spot on topic Dan. 

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2018 1:58 PM

LEDzZzEPP:
    Realistic is a brave word to name any Golf game, games who prase itself of be ''the best or most realistic''

Also, I phrased the Topic "most realistic" golf game online because that is the way WGT has advertised it since 2008. It is the highest quality online (browser) golf game to date. As for the mobile app, I will say just another cartoon golf app at its finest and the accuracy of every shot is a crapshoot.

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2018 3:46 PM
    fatdan:

LEDzZzEPP:

The golf club 2019

Links2003

Im not married with this game/site, i just share my preferences into Golf games out there, i play this game as play others Golf games, & that is _MY LIST_,...& dont try to be ''list'' with me fatboy
  • fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2018 4:35 PM

Actually that was a question?

I was under the impression "PP" went out of business some time ago....

SOOOO, you can call me anything you want, it seems to be the "go to" you use when your ignorance  shows through!

but it doesn't bother me as I take comfort just knowing I ain't from there!

So answer the question or STFU!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Dec 15 2018 5:27 PM

From the caption on WGT.....

World Golf Tour is the most realistic free online golf game, loved by more than 15 million players across the globe.

IMHO, the game has the most realistic photo-realism, but in terms of game play, it isn't. Without stance adjustments, grip changes and swing variations, it will never simulate real golf.

That said, and as mentioned, WGT is not a game that can be clocked in a day....like many of its predecessors.

As for mobile, well I do not use this platform despite having an iPad and a 6.3 inch screen on my phone....nor will I ever.....but the devs have developed products that suit the younger generation, that are often challenged in focusing for periods longer than 10 seconds.....hence one hole games, snowmen, meowing balls etc etc.....so WGT can still have the photo realism and the cartoonish features that appeal to the younger generation and imbeciles.

IMO the equipment has become too good without enough variation, thus scoring emulates other golf games once a player has put in the effort to learn this game. This seems to apply to both PC and mobile platforms.

I also think the "loved by 15 million players is misleading...…..try getting a foursome together some days.....15 million may have tried the game (or 5 million and their other personas), but I know there is not 10% of that number playing the game at any one time.

And I doubt more than 150 people regularly read the forum.....as the current mods have a nasty habit of deleting posts and moderating players. And those "offending posters" are never told how or why they breached the posting guidelines - often which are greyer than a dead man lying awaiting burial.

For the record, I still find it the best golf game around.....but could/should have been better.

btw - PP can still be played, but is called something else - simple fact IMO....it sucked.

RSS