Forums

Help › Forums

Most Realistic?

Sun, Dec 30 2018 8:04 PM (35 replies)
  • overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2018 7:21 AM

How about the snowmen avatars. I know it is mobile only but still. I mean,,,this is the most "realistic" golf game on-line correct? Well it still is being "politically correct". It is cartoon land on the mobile app. At least its headed that way.

I don't know. Sometimes I think the computer "on-line" version is juuuuust about done. Where ever the money is.

I personally do not find any enjoyment playing this game on a smart phone. I have and it bloooows. I guess the younger folk are use to games on a small screen. Myself - being that this game is HD and IS the most realistic golf game on line it's just much more enjoyable playing it on a monitor. 

jus sayin,,,,OTE

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2018 8:25 AM

Can't it have the most realistic game play, but the customization options to be as silly or normal as you want? 

_CHAMPION 

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2018 8:40 AM

overtheedge:

How about the snowmen avatars. I know it is mobile only but still. I mean,,,this is the most "realistic" golf game on-line correct? Well it still is being "politically correct". It is cartoon land on the mobile app. At least its headed that way.

I don't know. Sometimes I think the computer "on-line" version is juuuuust about done. Where ever the money is.

I personally do not find any enjoyment playing this game on a smart phone. I have and it bloooows. I guess the younger folk are use to games on a small screen. Myself - being that this game is HD and IS the most realistic golf game on line it's just much more enjoyable playing it on a monitor. 

jus sayin,,,,OTE

IMHO, the mobile version is actually a better simulation of RL golf. The PC version can be really easy if you use the formulas posted in this forum to calculate the exact distance to the pin. Playing on mobile forces you to make mental calculations and approximations, just like PGA pros do. Sure, you can have a calculator by your side when you play on mobile, but I abhor that approach. I much prefer to do everything in my head. It makes the results that much sweeter when you are able to execute everything perfectly. 

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2018 8:43 AM

Love this game on mobile..I take it to the crapper, just being careful not to drop it in the bowl. I hate losing my clubs..lol

And I really love the Cartoonish of it, reminds me its just a game.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2018 10:23 AM

SlickHunter:
    And I really love the Cartoonish of it

Wasn't tough to figure that one out.

Too many cartoon apps already. Ahh! Different strokes - no pun intended. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2018 2:43 PM

I much prefer the PC version.  Others may not, and whether they dress as clowns or in tuxedos does not matter to me.

I do find the mobile game ridiculously forgiving.  If I misdinged as badly on the PC as I do sometimes on mobile, I would lose every ball in the pro shop, not just my bag.  Thos misdings on mobile just slightly miss the aim point!

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2018 2:52 PM

The things that do make WGT the most realistic are....  to me anyway...

1. The graphics.  Most realistic views I've seen yet in a golf game

2. The continuing challenge of the game. Most golf video games get old quick because they get too easy too quick.

3. Continuation of #2 in a way.... Not every shot turns out the same... just as real golf.

4. Possibly only more realistic for me, I'm better off with long putts than short putts.

**Edit

As soon as I left this thread another reason popped into my head.  

5. You actually need to take the time to learn what your clubs/ball choice can do as far as distance. Every other golf game I've played you could just use the distance the game told you that club would go.

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2018 3:22 PM

DoctorLarry:

I much prefer the PC version.  Others may not, and whether they dress as clowns or in tuxedos does not matter to me.

I do find the mobile game ridiculously forgiving.  If I misdinged as badly on the PC as I do sometimes on mobile, I would lose every ball in the pro shop, not just my bag.  Thos misdings on mobile just slightly miss the aim point!

Hyperbole much? I find that playing on mobile, a slight misding on long irons can be really brutal. 

• LEDzZzEPP
    501 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2018 4:14 PM
    WGTChampion:

Can't it have the most realistic game play, but the customization options to be as silly or normal as you want? 

_CHAMPION 

''The most realistic gameplay ehhh'''....... LMAO! (JOKE of the year)
  • DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Dec 14 2018 8:00 PM

fobby1980:
    Hyperbole much? I find that playing on mobile, a slight misding on long irons can be really brutal. 

No.  I wrote of my experience, not yours.

RSS