Forums

Help › Forums

A few things...

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 17 2009 1:46 PM (2 replies)
  • lkennedy
    194 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2009 11:03 AM

Hope this comes out more constructive than critical. 

First, I have searched but cannot find a post relating to this, but am sure it's been addressed before.   I would like to be able to ZOOM anywhere forward for my next shot to gauge distance and terrain.  As it is now, you can only zoom to the green or the maximum distance of your shot under ideal conditions.  Have been in the rough on 2 of Ocean Course and could not zoom to find the distance I needed to hit to avoid the ball gobbler in the middle.  Am, in essence, shooting blind.  It would also come in handy when wanting to lay up further away than the view given me.

Secondly, what's up with some of the views?  Are you trying to make us become proficient at shooting in reverse?  There are several holes that when close to but not on the green, all you can see is your guy standing on the edge of a hill with some lines at his feet.  Just about shooting blind here as well.

There's more...I realize that it's a work in progress, but some of your tweaking is pretty far off.  The approaches to some of the greens on the O.C. is out of whack.  Number 3 now almost always comes up short and right, and number 9 goes 15 yards over when it's an uphill green.

And finally (I know, I know.  Let me vent),  This wind that you refer to as "The Beast" makes no sense to me.  Even using the one-half plus/minus system, there is just no way that a100 yard shot should travel 104 yards into a 12 mph headwind.

There, I feel much better now...

• rustynipples
    199 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2009 11:27 AM

I agree with your first point.

As for the views, they can only show an angle that they have captured with the camera, I know it sounds like something they can just simply go out and fix, however I am sure it is a little more complicated.

Not sure what greens on the O.C. is, so I won't comment.

As for the beast, I understand the frustration, I think they reason they have it is to through some kind of variable that you can't control into the equation.

Anyways hopefully some of your constructive criticism reaches them :)

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sat, Oct 17 2009 1:46 PM

Distance you can gauge by moving the triangle on the map in the lower right of display, then look at the triangle on the course and you will have the new distance where you moved it too.  Some things you will be able to see on the course map such as the creeks that cross the fairway.  You can move it anywhere within that map and see what the distance is and where you are aiming.  I use it all the time to adjust for the winds from the teebox.

And the beast is just not the wind.  Seems to be build in bad shots.  Just like real golf, hip or shoulder turn a little early or late; don't keep a straight left wrist, and you don't get the shot you expected.

RSS