• PAGES
  • alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Nov 30 2018 9:51 AM

WGTChampion:
    Nope. It wasn't a good thing.
    Certainly not.

WGTChampion:
    Over the years we have encountered a ton of players who have no clue how to equip their items.

For years, there was a serious flaw in the program making equipping those empty spots most cumbersome. Any amelioration there would be welcome.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Fri, Nov 30 2018 10:53 AM

I think the new way on Android is much more cumbersome. Of course I have been doing it the old way for over 9 years, 

• RonaldReagan40
    46 Posts
    Mon, Dec 10 2018 3:42 PM

WGTChampion:

SimonTheBeetle:

The only reason why WGT changed the "edit equipment" section is clearly because they want to lure players to purchase more clubs and balls from the pro shop but this time it was a really bad idea and attempt though I understand they always gotta try something new from the business point of view. A decent person would not buy things all of a sudden just looking at whatever suggested to him/her, but rather would do little studies (with Scott's equipment table for instance) and carefully select the gears he/she wants. Well, at least in my case it is.

Above all, why mess up with a good thing? :-/

Nope. It wasn't a good thing. Over the years we have encountered a ton of players who have no clue how to equip their items. They would highlight the item they wanted equipped and thought that's all they had to do, or they would select "equip" and not know to assign it to a slot. The new way makes this easier since they can no longer have empty slots and the flow has them select the club they want select "EQUIP" and it's done. 

After rentals players didn't know how to equip their normal item in the empty slot or thought they were being forced to make a purchase. Now after a rental expires their best item for that slot is equipped. 

Buy stuff or don't, that's up the player. But it's best to hit from the tee with a driver not a 3wd because your rental driver expired. 

_CHAMPION 

I’m sorry, but if people couldn’t figure how to equip their clubs the old way, this is going to blow their minds. I seriously feel for them.

Every time I go into edit equipment it sets my setting back from advanced to normal and re-equips the starter hybrid. Which means I have to go to the main screen, settings, and set it back to advanced. And then go back and equip my wedge. 

I ask again, if wgt was aware of the problem on android, why did they release it to iOS before fixing it? 

And now that they are aware it’s broken, why not release an “update” that rolls everything back to the previous version? And then release an update when it’s actually fixed. 

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Tue, Dec 11 2018 11:41 AM

RonaldReagan40:
    And now that they are aware it’s broken, why not release an “update” that rolls everything back to the previous version? And then release an update when it’s actually fixed. 

Because that would be the logical, sensible approach - surely you've been here long enough not to expect that from the 'geniuses' in WGT tech dept.?

• Fanling2002
    1,149 Posts
    Tue, Dec 11 2018 1:33 PM

+1 here for the setting coming back to normal and having to repeat the painful process to go back to advanced and replace the hybrid by a wedge.

definitely the user testing of the beta versions could be improved

• Turalyon
    95 Posts
    Mon, Dec 17 2018 11:26 AM

+1 indeed

• PAGES
RSS