Forums

Help › Forums

Mobile update on November 28

Mon, Dec 17 2018 11:26 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Sean4555
    700 Posts
    Thu, Nov 29 2018 3:33 AM

After changing the look and functionality of the edit equipment on the mobile app it no longer saves your changes (club changes or balls). Anyone else having this issue on mobile?

Sean

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Nov 29 2018 8:23 AM

Try doing one at a time. It seems there's an issue saving WGT branded balls. Not aware of any other equipment that is having the same issue. When saving multiple changes at once with a WGT branded ball may cause all changes to revert. A patch is coming soon to fix. 

_CHAMPION

• Sean4555
    700 Posts
    Thu, Nov 29 2018 10:02 AM
    When I played mobile this morning it defaulted one of my wedges back to my starter hybrid club and when I switched it back it wouldn't save the changes. Seemed to work last night but this morning it wasn't saving any changes... clubs or balls. I was able to change them using my desktop computer though. Sean
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Nov 29 2018 10:17 AM

Sean4555:
    When I played mobile this morning it defaulted one of my wedges back to my starter hybrid club and when I switched it back it wouldn't save the changes. Seemed to work last night but this morning it wasn't saving any changes... clubs or balls. I was able to change them using my desktop computer though. Sean

Switch to Advanced mode in your game settings. This will allow you to switch out your hybrid for another wedge. When in Advanced mode, when you select the hybrid slot you will have new tabs at the top of the section. Select Wedges and select the one you want to replace your hybrid. 

_CHAMPION 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Thu, Nov 29 2018 10:53 AM

The only reason why WGT changed the "edit equipment" section is clearly because they want to lure players to purchase more clubs and balls from the pro shop but this time it was a really bad idea and attempt though I understand they always gotta try something new from the business point of view. A decent person would not buy things all of a sudden just looking at whatever suggested to him/her, but rather would do little studies (with Scott's equipment table for instance) and carefully select the gears he/she wants. Well, at least in my case it is.

Above all, why mess up with a good thing? :-/

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Nov 29 2018 12:11 PM

SimonTheBeetle:

The only reason why WGT changed the "edit equipment" section is clearly because they want to lure players to purchase more clubs and balls from the pro shop but this time it was a really bad idea and attempt though I understand they always gotta try something new from the business point of view. A decent person would not buy things all of a sudden just looking at whatever suggested to him/her, but rather would do little studies (with Scott's equipment table for instance) and carefully select the gears he/she wants. Well, at least in my case it is.

Above all, why mess up with a good thing? :-/

Nope. It wasn't a good thing. Over the years we have encountered a ton of players who have no clue how to equip their items. They would highlight the item they wanted equipped and thought that's all they had to do, or they would select "equip" and not know to assign it to a slot. The new way makes this easier since they can no longer have empty slots and the flow has them select the club they want select "EQUIP" and it's done. 

After rentals players didn't know how to equip their normal item in the empty slot or thought they were being forced to make a purchase. Now after a rental expires their best item for that slot is equipped. 

Buy stuff or don't, that's up the player. But it's best to hit from the tee with a driver not a 3wd because your rental driver expired. 

_CHAMPION 

• Sean4555
    700 Posts
    Thu, Nov 29 2018 1:30 PM

I did switch to advanced mode... it wasn't saving the changes

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Thu, Nov 29 2018 2:51 PM

send a message to the support team if you haven't already. Be sure to let them know which specific item(s) were not saving and any screenshots that may help. 

If you do have screenshots you will need to send your message directly to members@worldgolftour.com rather than using the support link above. 

_CHAMPION 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Thu, Nov 29 2018 9:11 PM

WGTChampion:
    Nope. It wasn't a good thing. Over the years we have encountered a ton of players who have no clue how to equip their items.

What?! Are you serious?? I never realized it was something that complicated. LOL Understood but still I'm afraid the change in this update won't serve the purpose.

Now it looks even more sophisticated! Besides, do you really expect those who had no clue how to equip their items in that simple previous layout, would go in setting, carefully look around the menus and switch to the advanced mode? It was puzzling even for some old guys here including myself. Right after the update, I had to start a round (by coincidence, it happened to be my 2nd round of VT LOL) with an unwanted hybrid and a wrong driver as I got confused by the new look and layout. LOL Silly me, I know.

I believe a short tutorial video on how to edit equipment much like Leadbetter's how-to-hit would've got the job done.

But I know you guys are trying different things to make the game better and we all appreciate it. Cheers.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Nov 30 2018 8:07 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

WGTChampion:
    Nope. It wasn't a good thing. Over the years we have encountered a ton of players who have no clue how to equip their items.

What?! Are you serious?? I never realized it was something that complicated. LOL Understood but still I'm afraid the change in this update won't serve the purpose.

Now it looks even more sophisticated! Besides, do you really expect those who had no clue how to equip their items in that simple previous layout, would go in setting, carefully look around the menus and switch to the advanced mode? It was puzzling even for some old guys here including myself. Right after the update, I had to start a round (by coincidence, it happened to be my 2nd round of VT LOL) with an unwanted hybrid and a wrong driver as I got confused by the new look and layout. LOL Silly me, I know.

I believe a short tutorial video on how to edit equipment much like Leadbetter's how-to-hit would've got the job done.

But I know you guys are trying different things to make the game better and we all appreciate it. Cheers.

I don't expect them to switch to advanced mode. I expect them to have an easier time changing their equipment and a more satisfying experience playing a game after a rental expires. 

_CHAMPION 

• PAGES
RSS