Forums

Help › Forums

Master Tier

Mon, Oct 26 2009 5:38 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Disfunction
    27 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 9:44 PM

So I was playing along, hoping to get to master tier, when all of a sudden I think, "Gee, what if you have to have placed in tournaments to turn master?" Anyone can help me?

Diktátor

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Fri, Oct 16 2009 9:46 PM

It is just your average that will get you to 'Master'. Do not be in a rush though.

See your wall.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2009 12:20 AM

You don't have to, but it wouldn't hurt ya. :D

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2009 1:08 AM

Hi,

As was previously mentioned - do NOT be in a rush to get to Master.

You need to understand the basics of this game first -  then steadily work your way up the rankings.

There are short cuts - but it wont help you in the long run.

Just play, learn, enjoy and it will happen.

Cheers Doug

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2009 6:24 AM

I got  moved to pro in less than a week not using any short cuts...I wish it would have taken alot longer because I was noy ready for it...I haven't bought any clubs so alot of the Par 4's I still can't reach in 2...You just have to play them like par 5's...I'm sure it will be a little better once I decide to invest in the site...Leaning toward spending the money..Especially since their getting St. Andrews...still not looking forward to the Master level though...

good luck

Larry

• Disfunction
    27 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2009 10:07 AM

Soulcatcher:
    It is just your average that will get you to 'Master'. Do not be in a rush though.

Alright, thanks for the information! Don't worry, I'm stuck at an average of 72 and just competing in some tournaments.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2009 1:43 PM

I am the perfect example of why you should be happy at pro. I have been a master since early summer when it was easier to get here. I was cruising along having a good old time shooting 31-33 regularly at both courses from the whites. Thought my stuff didn't stink and was a happy clam.

Then one day I noticed that in a multi match I was all of a sudden hitting from the blues while my opp was still on whites.What the heck....?It took me a few holes to figure out why I was getting outdriven all the time-they were hitting from the white tees and I wasn't!! That's when I learned about the tiers.

Apparently I had turned master in my sleep and now my 31-33's turned into a struggle for par. On both courses, no less. I read up and figured out the tier business. OK, no biggie-new challenge and I can get my hands on different clubs. I did and I'm hanging in the master tier now but man-o-man  I don't belong here.  I can compete and I have my days but on a consistent basis I get left in the dust by many more than just Tib and Lee and their ilk.

I have the tools and the talent but not the drive. I can shoot 2-3 under just by showing up but that's probably as good as it will get. I will be where I should be when they break out with an elite tier (Legends need to be dead to be legends.)

The point here is to get off the hangup with tier status and enjoy where you're at. I would kill at the Pro level but I'm woefully average at the Master level. Be careful what you wish for......

YJ

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2009 1:58 PM

Very well stated Yankee Jim..I got over that tier status when it almost had me inTEAR status once I was moved to SoSo Pro Tier...It's going to take awhile to get really,really good at this game...But I do like it alot...It's hard but it's fair....

Larry

• BlackDragon84
    21 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2009 6:59 PM

I got bumped to the master tier earlier this week.  While it's still kicking my ass even after dropping $15 on clubs, it is extremely fun.  Feels like golf should feel.  To me, at least.  I didn't much care for how my 1W in the pro tier hit shorter than my 1I in real life.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Oct 25 2009 7:46 PM

Apparently only God, John Daly... and now BlackDragon can hit a 1 iron.

• PAGES
RSS