Forums

Help › Forums

Best WGT Player of all Time!

Fri, Apr 12 2024 1:42 PM (1,957 replies)
  • HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 8:58 AM

I am thinking of starting a Memorial Page that lists past WGT members who have passed!   I will need input from others.  Is there an interest in it?

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 9:09 AM

Henry, I think this may be a tender subject with many of the original members on WGT. If anyone should start a memorial to our lost friends it should be WGT. They have all the history, the memories, the posts. Many of us have the heartbreak and the true loss of a one of a kind. Lizzie, Strange Magic, Romax, and so many others. Please let this be.

Rich

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 9:19 AM

renniw52:

Henry, I think this may be a tender subject with many of the original members on WGT. If anyone should start a memorial to our lost friends it should be WGT. They have all the history, the memories, the posts. Many of us have the heartbreak and the true loss of a one of a kind. Lizzie, Strange Magic, Romax, and so many others. Please let this be.

Rich

+1

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 9:23 AM

HenryKawa:
    Reminds me of "me".

You might be on to something. The dog does look a bit delusional. 

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 12:09 PM

renniw52:

Rich

Good point Rich.  It would be great if WGT did keep some kind of record so these people are not forgotten.   Thanks.

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 12:12 PM

Robert1893:

HenryKawa:
    Reminds me of "me".

You might be on to something. The dog does look a bit delusional. 

You can say that again.  lol.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 4:06 PM

renniw52:

Rich

Totally agree.  I think the MIA thread is the closest I have seen to this.

I think a true memorial would have to be vetted and heavily moderated to an extent unlike any other thread.

Do not even think of it.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 4:39 PM

there is a problem with a thread like that, a rather huge one...

1) Tekoma, he himself said he was having a very serious issue with his heart, and was never seen or heard from again...he loved playing this game!

Tek also worked for the DOD and had a very "high" security clearance...thus the question, did he pass on, did he get ordered to do so(by the PC police)

I would sure hate to see him come back only to wonder why he was being memorialized in a thread!

2) Pete from S. Africa, didn't say a word to anyone, except to post a "goodbye" a few days before he passed from cancer! I removed him from my friends list and now I can't even remember his username...says more about me but I'm sure I am not the only one...

3) We all knew Lily took ill with cancer shortly before she disappeared, and nobody has a clue what happened! Did she pass on, or will she fight the battle a long time and return!

I even remember Lizzie being ill, but I have no idea how that turned out for sure! I only assume it was not well as we weren't close friends...

I think the point has been made however, we all know what happened to andyson and Romax thanks to someone posting it, but there are some that we just don't know what happened....

• HenryKawa
    1,721 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 6:56 PM

Thanks Larry and Dan.  It all makes sense.   A few others voiced their concerns as well.  So I guess that's the answer then.  We will leave it alone.  

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Mon, Jan 28 2019 7:54 PM

henry i know you try to do good things with good intentions but take your size 12 boots off sometimes

RSS