Tournaments Have become Ridiculously Exclusionary

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 6 2015 7:40 AM (23 replies)
  • iukine
    195 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2011 12:21 PM

chrisironsbones:

iukine:

It's not that the great players are cheating, it's because they enter the Q rounds many more times than the rest of us do, thus driving the cut line to a ridiculous #. Wgt informed me that there would be a discussion on this subject. Whether something is done about it, rests in their hands. Both sides of this discussion have valid points, so there will be players who are not going to like what WGT decides to do. When you have this many people involved in anything there will always be someone who is not happy with the results. Hopefully WGT will decide to do the tourneys like the PGA does, then there will be a level playing field, like I said before, if one player has just 1 more Q round than another then it is not fair, at all. Some are getting a lot more than the rest of us. WGT will sort this out, hopefully.

Aloha all, iukine.

You've mentioned this many a time before.  Maybe you don't have the time to play qualifiers over and over, but why punish the guys who do put in the practice just because they've played the course a few more times than you? After Tiger woods had a break from golf, when he came back, he was well off the pace, but if he had been playing instead of having a break, he might have been much closer because of the PRACTICE.  It wouldn't make a difference how long you get for qualifying, the same good players would always qualify anyway.  I'm not trying to blow my own trumpet, just making a point.  The first ever round i played in the qualifiers at Royal St. George i scored 60, second time i played i scored 57.  I'm just a good legend, there's some GREAT legends, so we would always score consistantly like this however times we play so cutting the qualifying down to a few rounds wouldn't give you that much more of a chance of qualifying.  Unlimited play is the same for everyone, and its there to give you practice for the course, so if you have not the time to practice, then its not everyone else's fault.  What would be best for you, we all put our names into a hat and drawn random lots?

And yes the clubs (& callaways) are to blame for low scores.  Since using the new burner irons, long iron shots are like wedges now and are so accurate (apart from when wind doesn't effect ball) and i can land long irons as close to pin as short irons..they're awesome.

It's not about practice, it's about qualifying rounds, and if the good are so good what difference does it make, huh? Unlimited practice is fine, unlimited qualifying isn't. I also never said it was anyones fault. I really don't expect that even if they changed the format that it would make all that much difference, like I've stated before, the great players are just that, great! Not cheaters, not the elitists some claim they are and just plain good. But, level the playing field a little, and this would probably do that, and it might just slow the cries of cheat. But then thereare the types that if  WGT does change it will shout," I don't get to play 75 qualifying rounds anymore so we can drive the cut down so low that people won't even have a chance at qualifying." This is where the cries of cheat are coming from, from the people who don't have a snowballs chance in hell of making it, alleviate that and you may remedy some cries of cheat, it's all speculation anyway, nothing has been done yet, and maybe nothing will be done? But what heck, making a suggestion here and there never hurt anything, Some don't see it that way, so they question every little point, when in fact they're missing the point by a mile. So we all just sit here, do nothing and robot along and keep to the status quo and not do anything to make the game more enjoyable for everyone( meaning the folks questioning the honesty of other players) and you and I too! Nobody should be penalized for playing 50 qualifying rounds, but in the same breath, no one should be penalized for playing only 5. That sword cuts both ways! If you got 2 Q rounds and I got 25, I'm sure you would think that wasn't very sporting now was it?! The numbers aren't important here, what is, is how some people get to compete. The direct result of unlimited qualifying is that the cut is driven down way too low for some peoples tastes, and the result is cries of cheat directed at players who are just good players, bottom line here. Think about it for a bit, it's common sense and that's all, gripe all you want about people always crying cheat, well, I gave a suggestion the help alleviate it. and then you gripe about that. what the heck is wrong with my suggestion? Done!!

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Wed, Aug 10 2011 9:34 AM

Let people cry out "cheat"..they're only jelous that they can't qualify themselves. If i didn't make the cut i would blame myself for not being good enough, not accusing others of cheating because they have qualified.  Its a level playing field for all, just because maybe you never qualified why should it be different just to give you a chance to qualify.  if you dont put the hours in, then its your fault not every one else's

• goldputter3
    89 Posts
    Sat, Jan 31 2015 10:59 AM

getting tired of playing Bracket Tournaments, only to be beat by Amateur, who's stats show he's been playing for 3 weeks... Come   on man    Just sayin

• uytyuyt
    51 Posts
    Fri, Feb 6 2015 7:40 AM

They need to separate,players that win(only win once a month, week?)and if you soot a great score, it should move you where you play against people as good as you. Like soccer you can move up or down as per performance. Ready go could have levels instera of tiers. ITS ONLY COMPUTER

RSS