Forums

Help › Forums

Putting meter

Tue, Sep 18 2018 8:05 PM (4 replies)
  • acein1
    1 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2018 1:43 PM

Hello,

I have been playing since 2010, and I have struggled and still am in getting the speed down on the greens. I would LOVE to see the meters broken down so that the mark are 5 foot increments, I believe that would help solve a lot of the problems that I and other players are having. It is difficult to read them as they are now.  Thank you from a loyal fan of the game, this is the best golf came I have ever come across online or ever.

Scott Fletcher

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2018 7:37 PM

You are in a CC that I believe should have putter pal/shot pal available to you for free.  Turn it on.  It breaks the meter down to 10 increments.  Once you have the correct speed calculated, then you will know what the distance is on each increment.  You turn 1 or both on either in settings/options.  Or turn on/off just under meter at the left end of the scale.

If you think at this point in time WGT to going to change the meter, it's not going to happen.

Also, increments aren't going to do a thing for you, concerning speed.  All that will do is make it easier to judge distance, providing you have the speed correct.  2 different things.

Speed affects distance, on how hard you hit the putt, not the other way around.

• pkrplyr59
    8 Posts
    Sat, Sep 15 2018 12:19 AM

PUTTR PAL in pro shop

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Sat, Sep 15 2018 7:01 AM

acein1:
    I have been playing since 2010, and I have struggled and still am in getting the speed down on the greens

First off you have an 8 yr. old account but you are only L84 Tour Pro .  With only 168 ranked rounds over an 8 yr. period shows just how little you actually play .

Getting the green speeds right as well as reading the greens right , will always be a challenge . No matter the tier putting will always be difficult and give you fits . If you want to get better then you have to play more . You will also have to practice and be willing to put your time in . This game is no different than any other game . You have to play in order to get better .

As was mentioned there is a putter pal to help you . If you played more and were more involved in the game , then you would know this . So go and practice and learn how to putt . There are threads here in the forums to help and enlighten you along the way . Just use the search feature >>>>>>>> and read away .

• santa084
    114 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2018 8:05 PM

Just remember the putt/pal will hit left .999 of the time

RSS