Forums

Help › Forums

New gear?

Fri, Sep 21 2018 12:26 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • weejockpopeye
    6 Posts
    Wed, Sep 12 2018 1:56 AM

Any idea how often wgt put it new gear? Saving up for a new driver and can't decide wherewh to purchase as soon as I have enough credits or wait a while and see if they release new stuff?

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Wed, Sep 12 2018 12:45 PM

Better to wait, not for new clubs coming out,but to get to a higher level. You are a level 37 Pro who will be needing better equipment after moving to the master tier where tees add length to the courses.

At level 40 a nice driver opens for you, but even then hang on until 44  or even 48 where good drivers that will get you to the legend tier are available. 

Meantime you might consider some wedges, perhaps the Cleveland 588's.

Your irons should carry you for a bit longer, but eventually you will want to replace them with a  set that has a 3i  with distances similar to a hybrid. That  way you can carry 3 wedges.

You might also consider saving some money by going with a cheaper ball. With the equipment you have, 150 credit balls have wasted capabilities. The WGT's G13-S ball at 33 credits per ball is a good value. If you really want ball with better attributes than the WGT balls, look at the Callaway level 33 ball which will save you 67 credits per ball and will last longer than the Truvis Chrome ball. Many players use the Callie 33's even at the Champion tier. Overall, the best ball for your money.

• weejockpopeye
    6 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2018 7:53 AM

Wow what a reply, thanks for that. Interesting take on the ball and will defo have a look. Thanks for the advice.

• weejockpopeye
    6 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2018 8:03 AM

Is it just  scores and ranked rounds that advance your tier/tour level or is it xp points? But confused by it all!

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2018 1:02 PM

weejockpopeye:

Is it just  scores and ranked rounds that advance your tier/tour level or is it xp points? But confused by it all!

Yes, scores and rank rounds move you to next tier..not xp.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2018 2:22 PM

weejockpopeye:

Beating someone in a higher tier can also move you up.

Very good advice from HackWilson regarding balls.  I so often see mediocre players with expensive balls and wonder what the hell they're thinking.  Some of them apparently couldn't hit a cow's butt with a banjo but there they are, playing a ball that costs 900+ credits a sleeve and still shooting high numbers.  If the old Tiny Johnson don't work properly, then the balls are irrelevant. You know what I'm saying?

Seriously, give those L33 Callaway a go, they really are good.  Don't be put off by them not being my ball of choice, they just didn't work with my Callaway irons for some reason.  Given that CS were kind enough to transfer 55 of the damn things from my account to a fellow club member I have no intention of trying them again.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2018 2:55 PM

I've settled for those Callies, too, as a Legend, but before, I played the Tour-SD a lot @67 cr a sleeve, and I considered the 180 cr Srixons - price-conscious alternatives.

• weejockpopeye
    6 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2018 7:31 AM

Thks for the advice.

Is there anywhere I can find out how many ranked rounds I have played? Plus it's it no of rr's +average score that enables me to pricespr or just one or the other?

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2018 3:08 PM

SlickHunter:

weejockpopeye:

not entirely true. Winning matches or tourneys can tier you up early.

also if you are playing mobile you will get moved up on a heavily xp based algorithm up to Master. can have a 150 average, never play a ranked round,  and still tier up. 

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2018 4:06 PM

Mythanatos:

SlickHunter:

weejockpopeye:

not entirely true. Winning matches or tourneys can tier you up early.

also if you are playing mobile you will get moved up on a heavily xp based algorithm up to Master. can have a 150 average, never play a ranked round,  and still tier up. 

Yeah you’re right. I for one moved up so quickly to Legend, just because I won couple of credit tourneys. 

• PAGES
RSS