Help › Forums

Can't see rented clubs in my equipment

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 14 2018 2:28 PM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • tm502
    7 Posts
    Wed, Aug 29 2018 7:01 PM

I've tried renting clubs for free numerous times, and they never show up as an option in my equipment. What am I doing wrong here?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2018 10:00 AM

Rentals don't automatically show up in your bag, you have to equip it. Scroll through your club choices and find the club you rented. Drag it into the bag slot and save.

• tm502
    7 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2018 10:28 AM

Yes, I'll rent a driver, and then scroll through available drivers in my bag and it's not there. The same thing happened with a set of irons I rented, I couldn't see them in my equipment anywhere to drag them up into the appropriate slot. Not sure what's going on. I'm still new, and I have 2 drivers to choose from, maybe I can't have 3?

• rmpor
    70 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2018 12:22 PM

You could be trying to rent clubs you don't qualify for.

• tm502
    7 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2018 5:29 PM

Unfortunately it's happening with the clubs wgt lets you rent for free after advancing to a new level. I'm just starting to play wgt again, and I think my old account was closed after a year or two of inactivity. So at these lower levels, I'm getting lots of chances to rent and eqip clubs for free, but I can never find them when I look though my equipment. It's not a big deal, but just frustrating because I don't know why it's happening..

• tm502
    7 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2018 5:47 PM

It just happened again. I advanced to a new level. I'm able to rent 3 clubs for free. I click on the driver. I click the big green button that says "rent & equip", and then I click continue at the bottom of my screen. I get back to the main wgt screen, click "change equipment", cycle through the drivers that I have (max meter 10.5 that the game gives you for free, wgt starter 10.5), but the driver that I highlighted, and clicked "rent & equip" for free is not there.

What's interesting is that every time this happens, every time I try to rent a club for free after getting to a new level, the wgt screen hangs for about 10-15 seconds after I click "rent & equip", I can't click continue for about 10-15 seconds after that. There's nothing wrong with my internet connection or my pc. Maybe it has something to do with the web browser I'm using? I'm using Microsoft edge, but I'm pretty sure I've tried in chrome too, and it didn't make a difference. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2018 5:18 AM

^^ Good point. If you successfully rent a club WGT will remind you to equip it for as long as the rental period is. If you're not seeing that reminder, you haven't rented anything.

• tm502
    7 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2018 5:01 PM

I get email notifications that I have rented the club, I get email notifications that the rental has expired, or will expire soon, I forget which. When I'm playing I get notifications about when the rental will expire, I forget when I get those, maybe after I'm done playing a round. I'm stumped, I hate to pass the buck, but it really seems like it's a bug with wgt.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2018 8:32 PM

According to his activity he has rented clubs at least 4 times. It appears that every rental was a free 2 hour rental after leveling up. Here is what is happening IMO. He levels up makes a free rental then signs off  and is off for longer than 2 hours. The free 2 hour rental expires while he is off line and the club is removed without him ever seeing it. 

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Aug 31 2018 9:44 PM

tm502:
    I advanced to a new level. I'm able to rent 3 clubs for free. I click on the driver. I click the big green button that says "rent & equip", and then I click continue at the bottom of my screen. I get back to the main wgt screen, click "change equipment", cycle through the drivers that I have (max meter 10.5 that the game gives you for free, wgt starter 10.5), but the driver that I highlighted, and clicked "rent & equip" for free is not there.
    This sounds like swift action though...

@tm, Contacting WGT (below) might help you.

• PAGES
RSS