Forums

Help › Forums

The Alt-Shot World Challenge

Thu, Oct 17 2019 10:11 PM (632 replies)
  • amateur4sure
    2,196 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2018 5:30 AM

Amateur4sure & TdotDoba  V  PEnglish & Ider75

Played our game last night, Great fun with mates and a super game.

Dotty and I managed to grab a 1 up lead and basically hold on to it.

A pleasure as always to catch up with mates.

Thanks fellas until the next time..

• SpazzStick
    262 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2018 7:32 AM

There's gotta be some kind of error in the bracket recording. Walk0fLife and I should be advancing in our round as lonnieskinner sent me a couple of messages announcing their intention to forfeit based on his inability to contact his partner to set up a date. My partner and I have made ourselves available on very short notice for the entirety of the tournament...

• BigKnight
    2,777 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2018 8:07 AM

darek2:

looks like i 'll have same problem , both opponents same time like we but no reply from them , waiting from Dec 2 , we see maybe miracle happen :)

Darek2 31 Mythofpandora 31 //    62

bigcountry317 31  BigKnight 32//  63

Congrats to Darek's team and good luck moving forward, but if I may, I'd like to say something about our "no reply" and "maybe a miracle will happen."

My partner didn't see the wall post on12/2, and was surprised you didn't send a PM (which he gets emailed about, same as me). You sent me a wall post late on 12/5, which I didn't see until I got up on 12/6, and by the time I logged onto WGT on 12/6, our team is being blamed for lack of response.

BC and I are not the type of people to just "not show up" or ignore someone, ESPECIALLY in a tourney where someone (or a group of someones) has worked extremely hard to put it together and run.

We both try to be good representatives of our club, and I think over the years, just about anyone on here can attest to that.

If we need to apologize we certainly will and do, but I also feel that we've been trashed a little here, and undeservedly so.

Respectfully

=bk=

• RANGER1988
    1,059 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2018 8:52 AM

Spazz, if this is an error, it is only due to that no one messaged me this information from either Team, I had no idea about this forfeit! I will correct the Bracket this evening, but these are things I need to know about?

And BC, thanks for the kind words, head up and great effort throughout and I do know that you are a stand up Player!

• darek2
    1,876 Posts
    Fri, Dec 7 2018 11:12 AM

BigKnight:
    . You sent me a wall post late on 12/5

ty ,  i was looking for Alt with you both - a not happen, is more fun with friends,, 

little time was pressing  ,  a the wall posted at your team mate  12/02 , he respond at  12/06,,

i try post to you too but was late  to get together,,

last day to do alt or single game , , nothing  happen  we all try luck at Royal

• pmm711
    5,522 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2018 5:01 AM
    SpazzStick:

There's gotta be some kind of error in the bracket recording. Walk0fLife and I should be advancing in our round as lonnieskinner sent me a couple of messages announcing their intention to forfeit based on his inability to contact his partner to set up a date. My partner and I have made ourselves available on very short notice for the entirety of the tournament...

Sorry I couldn’t play guys, but I started a new job the week before Thanksgiving and it’s been consuming me...even some weekends. Best of luck to Jo and Spazz the rest of the way.
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Sun, Dec 9 2018 3:34 PM

DodgyPutter and kersh1976 defeated cousinzeke1 and Beeners58 in a 9-hole Alternate Shot game on PINEHURST NO. 2.

Eileen and Cuz were great company.  We all had fun in the sand and the win was decided by a couple of putts that wanted to fall in.

I'm not trying to keep something going here but I thought it only fair to say; we played against BigKnight and Bigcountry in a previous round and they couldn't have been more accomodating to our limited availability. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Dec 10 2018 3:43 PM

Consolation bracket, Round 4.  YankeeJim/Douggongles over ElseMonica/Teamonkey

TYVM to Monica and Tea for their cooperation in getting this done in a timely manner. I would hope all matches get handled this efficiently.

I do want to admonish Teamonkey for scaring the hell out of Doug and on on the first hole. He cans the approach on #1 right out of the chute!! Oy, we's in twubble right off the bat.

We managed to stop the heart palpitations and continue. Fortunately, Doug and I had a few shots that righted the ship and we wound up on the plus side.  :-)

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Dec 12 2018 12:08 PM

Upper Bracket Match #2: Kavvz/ColumbusStorm VS. bluey403/tseeqhim

I will *attempt* to stream this here:   https://www.twitch.tv/k4vvz

Match is this Friday at 10:30 PM EST.

Go easy on me...twitch noob here over here.   There won't be any bells and whistles!!  Even though its close to Christmas.  :)

• TdotDoba
    2,160 Posts
    Wed, Dec 12 2018 8:27 PM

amateur4sure:

Amateur4sure & TdotDoba  V  PEnglish & Ider75

Played our game last night, Great fun with mates and a super game.

Dotty and I managed to grab a 1 up lead and basically hold on to it.

A pleasure as always to catch up with mates.

Thanks fellas until the next time..

Was a fine time with great friends... thanks all and awesome job putting this on Topper

RSS