Forums

Help › Forums

Legend Level

Sun, Aug 26 2018 2:34 PM (27 replies)
  • dschlapman
    71 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2018 1:49 PM

I agree with almost every post here, the Legend learning curve is steep and not hitting par is frustrating.

Not sure if the one poster is ugly .

Not sure if they made the hole smaller, I mean why would they do that?

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2018 2:33 PM

TracyMax:

okay will admit I'm not up on all golf terms, but what is club mapping?

Hitting the ball you use with all the clubs and various spins to learn the distances the ball goes.

• rl2203
    744 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2018 2:51 PM

Mythanatos:

TracyMax:

Hitting the ball you use with all the clubs and various spins to learn the distances the ball goes.

+1

most important thing - map the clubs and the holes at the courses - then hit the ding and get your approaches within 10ft - so your putting stats will get better too.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2018 7:46 AM

IMO, turning legend, is the biggest turning point in your wgt career.  You are now going to experience,  higher wind speeds, faster greens, longer tee distances, using your long irons on almost every hole, in general, you are going to be using every bit of the knowledge you should have learned to this point.  There is one point that should be addressed, that is the use of course management. There are certain holes, that you may have been able to eagle or birdie, before, that now you will work hard to just make par on. Learn to accept that fact, learn what is worth the risk, and when it's not.  (Could be the difference between par, and double bogie) . Is the hole smaller, or does the increased wind speed affect your putt more? Espically on longer putts. Given all the above, is this why it takes 500 rr, to move up?  So you gain all the tools that you need to be better? Turning legend and improving was probably the hardest and long drawn out step up, for me in this game.   Keep trudging along, take lots of notes, accept all the knowledge obtained from those that have been there, and you too will make it.   Most importantly have fun, and Good luck! 

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2018 11:23 AM
    +1 And accept the fact that -- unless you join "Red Tee CC" -- you're going to spend years at the Legend level. So make yourself at home and enjoy the ride.
  • Robert1893
    7,677 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2018 12:36 PM

K7JBQ:
    +1 And accept the fact that -- unless you join "Red Tee CC" -- you're going to spend years at the Legend level. So make yourself at home and enjoy the ride.

Actually, I was at Legend tier for a little less than a year and a half. Now, I played a lot of rounds (1,657). But, literally, only a handful were from less than the default tees. 

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2018 1:32 PM

TracyMax:

It is more a WGT term- I make a chart of distances for all clubs, hit level, full power with little wind- using practice mode on KIA # 1, low wind setting. Use mulligans to hit repeatedly same shot- using no spin, full bs, and full topspin. One can also do partial power shot, for all same settings. Some folks do even more. 

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2018 2:07 PM

skccvb:
    One can also do partial power shot,
    Most important because the reaction to less power is well non-linear to the low side, and for many clubs (in particular Starters), the useful range is small.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2018 8:07 PM

That only means you're a much better player than I am. It'll be three years as a Legend come December for me. And I'm still a helluva lot better player on here than IRL lol.

The only thing I'm better at in the real game is putting, probably because I'm better at reading a real green than trying to decipher moving dots. Some folks' brains are good at that; mine isn't.

Robert1893:

K7JBQ:

Actually, I was at Legend tier for a little less than a year and a half. Now, I played a lot of rounds (1,657). But, literally, only a handful were from less than the default tees. 

• morrison6
    34 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2018 1:16 PM

Mythanatos:

another thing that not many people notice is that the hole shrinks in size as you tier up.I don't know if it still does after legend.

what you see is the same but not the effect.  a hack or amateur doesn't even have to hit the hole that you and i see in order for it to go in. it's probably around 20% wider.

also myself and some others believe they tightened the hole up slightly 4-6 weeks ago.

It's a variable they can program and adjust at their whim.[QUOTE]

WGT can fix the games very easily and they do...

RSS