Forums

Help › Forums

Legend Level

Sun, Aug 26 2018 2:34 PM (27 replies)
  • 9putt
    8 Posts
    Fri, Aug 17 2018 5:53 PM

Finally hit Legend level and the greens are slicker than glass, verrrry difficult to read.  After all this time, it's very nearly no fun to play anymore.  Almost feels like I'm starting over.  Getting used to hitting from the tips.  Barely shooting par and very frustrated.  Can't imagine what Tour Legend greens must be like.  Just ranting.....  Don't mind me.

• pjctas0822
    4,550 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2018 10:17 AM

There is a learning curve but to me the challenge outweighs the curve . Definitely a whole different level of play. Welcome to the ranks.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2018 10:39 AM

As the person above says, yes, there's a learning curve. But it's certainly worth it. Once you get used to the greens as well as teeing off from "the parking lot," I think the game will become fun again. 

I think the back tees are the most rewarding ones to play. Sure, it can be more fun to play some rounds on the forward tees. No doubt about that. But the challenge of the back tees has its own rewards and fun.

The key is to embrace the challenge. 

• AlaskanDame
    18,967 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2018 10:44 AM

+100 to all the above.

Many people want wgt to provide some new courses to play on, so as to have some diversity.  I say when you move to Legend, ALL the courses are "different!"  Embrace the changes -- have fun with using different clubs, finding different landing spots, using skills that weren't needed from the shorter tees.

Best wishes,

AKD

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2018 11:29 AM

Once you get to Legend, the need to fine tune your game grows exponentially from that point. Are your clubs mapped? Cuz your proximity to the hole is high at 14 feet. This means longer putts, thus your 1 putt stat is at 35%. Do you know how to pitch and chip using full backspin? Is your wedge play (ie 100 yards and in) fine tuned? Can you learn to hit more fairways? The list goes on...it is not just putting- it is getting the ball close to the hole, for easier putts. 

• alpenpirat
    1,126 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2018 5:57 AM

your thoughts are right, im over 8 years here, i feel like a hack.... WGT is not a game... its only a ugly joke. 

• pjctas0822
    4,550 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2018 10:07 AM

alpenpirat:

your thoughts are right, im over 8 years here, i feel like a hack.... WGT is not a game... its only a ugly joke. 

Well that was helpful -1

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2018 10:20 AM

alpenpirat:
    its only a ugly joke. 

Nah. That's not an ugly joke. This is.

So, I went to my therapist. I asked him. "Doc, what do you think?"

He said. "I think you're nuts."

I told him I wanted a second opinion.

He said. "OK, you're ugly too."

That's an ugly joke. 

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2018 10:23 AM

another thing that not many people notice is that the hole shrinks in size as you tier up.I don't know if it still does after legend.

what you see is the same but not the effect.  a hack or amateur doesn't even have to hit the hole that you and i see in order for it to go in. it's probably around 20% wider.

also myself and some others believe they tightened the hole up slightly 4-6 weeks ago.

It's a variable they can program and adjust at their whim.

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Mon, Aug 20 2018 1:00 PM

okay will admit I'm not up on all golf terms, but what is club mapping?

RSS