Forums

Help › Forums

Improved CC play

Fri, Feb 8 2013 1:00 PM (93 replies)
  • tezzastheman
    1,122 Posts
    Tue, Jul 12 2011 8:19 PM

Ok i have many ideas that could vastly improve being involved at a CC. The current format is stale, and i am finding it very hard to get people involved or interested. We currently have 70 members, and when i run our club champion tornament, about 15 play. I find it is mainly the lower teir players that are leaving the game because there is nothing to interest them. I do hold a club champion for pro and below, and last time only 3 scores were posted, even though we have 30 players in that bracket and i ran the torney for 7 days.
    Not the biggest issue, but it would be nice be able to play matchplay and alt torneys.

Why cant we play CC torneys in a group with other members? It would be nice, but not the biggest issue either.

I would like to set up tier based torneys, because every time i write in big bold letters NO TOUR PROS OR MASTERS, they still enter. They just dont read.

I would like to run torneys by invitation only, such as they qualified through another event. If your name is not selected, you cannot enter.

We would like to challenge other CC's. I know it can be done somehow, but i dont know how. It would be great to have a simple method, like a butten that said challenge CC, and a msg was sent to their owner.

But the biggest issue of all is credits. WGT should be able to give CC's some credits each month, so that we can hold torneys for prizemoney, or giveaways. The amount of credits would be determined by how many members. The credits will never leave WGT, they will simply be reinvested in balls, equipment and RG's. In fact i strongly believe it would promote more play, and therefore sell more balls and equipment. It would definately keep the newbies around for longer, maybe even for good.

I provided the prizes for our latest torney, and i cant even afford a supply of balls for myself. Please do something because i love the game, but even I am running out of exciting things to play. I have been playing plenty of master ready go's, and thats great fun. But im about to become tour master, and thats looks like a lonely place. Only 1 RG a day, does this mean I have to try and compete against bollox, lee and preistess etc?

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Jul 15 2011 4:18 PM

Well said Tezza!

The CC aspect of the game is lacking in many areas.

Other than manually sending messages to other CC owners which is very time consuming and difficult there is no way to streamline events.

Setting uyp tourneys are hit and miss.. the Description box doesnt not allow formatting like these forum posts do. You cannot start a new line even. so, anything you want to put in there is one lone blurb of txt.

The ability to select more preferences for the CC tourney:

Tiers eligible
    Male or Female only
    Automated prize outs - I select the prize and at the end it is automatically paid out.
    A Percentage of Club Earnings to go into a Prize Pool to offer prizes.

Surely these enhancements would encourage players and in turn they will spend in the pro-shop anyway.

As a CC Owner it is also frustrating that I cannot send out a single message to 'all members' or 'an email or similar, to announce Tourneys , Winners etc.

You can compile a message and there is a 'to' box..  in which you can send to multiple people but this rarely works 'player not found' .

Also as CC owner, to be able to select multiple members for invites to Tourneys or for messaging or to  remove them.

Currently this has to be done 1 by 1.. i have given up.

It would also be nice to recruit a Lieutenant/ vice president to the CC owner to assist with these tasks. Someone with access to CC settings etc.

• supranoz
    310 Posts
    Fri, Jul 15 2011 6:14 PM

Well said shrude it must be bloody hard to follow up on everything, the time i have seen you on during the day doing follow ups. They have to come up with a different  format. i know before i joined it was so hard to get any reply from clubs i tried to join. Then you said yes and here i am.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, Jul 16 2011 6:51 PM

Thanks SUP!

I just thought of another couple of things too whislt creating a CLUB TOURNEY

Once it was created, I realised a couple of settings I didnt enable, namely green speed and wind speed.

too late..  its created, have looked everywhere as the CC Owner to edit the Tourney or Delete it...  nothing..

Also, a little message board or blog area on a Tournament page would be nice, in which people can post comments ON THAT tournament.

So, I have started an Amateurs Tourney... and we have Heavy Winds and Tournament greens..   yay o

and no ability to edit that.

Oh WGT, thanks for the 'out of place' banner, showing our consecutive login days..

Apart from being a useless notification as it is announced at the end of a days first game..

Do we get any CREDIT rewards for the consecutive logins?

• bumstead69
    7 Posts
    Sat, Jul 16 2011 10:24 PM

Hello my name is Bill Umstead and i'm the owner of It Is What It Is CC. After taking a closer look at the results up to 7-16-11 for the July's Kiawah 18 Hole Open for tiers from Pro to Legend here's                                                                                                                                        Pro Tier palyers had an aveage level of 48....Highest was 76 and....Lowest was 28

Pro Tour Tier players had an aveage level of 70.....Highest was 70.....Lowest was 51

Master Tier players had an aveage level of 78.....Hightest was 92.....Lowest was 42

Tour Master Tier players had an aveage of 83....Highest was 94...Lowest was 46

Legend Tier players had an aveage of 79....Highest was 96....Lowest was 42

Now I'm confused on how a player raises thier Tiers, WGT stated by playing ranked games, stroke games, successfully completing the 53 catogories listed underCHANGING TIERS SECTION. How does a player with a level of 42 become Master or Leagend? Can someone explain this to me, I may be missing something here or just plain dumb. Do they play 24/7? How does it work, I'm level 76 and still a Pro. what am i doing wrong?

Thank You Bill Umstead

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Jul 17 2011 1:02 AM

You are in the wrong forum Bill.

This topic is about Country Club improvements.

However, your TIER raises according to your average.

The Master on Level42 simply did more birdies and got more pars than you did each game.

• tezzastheman
    1,122 Posts
    Sun, Jul 17 2011 8:32 PM

Is this for real? There are no regular players out there that at least have a view on this subject?

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2011 1:34 AM

Bump, because we need more CC features!

OTHERS AGREE

Register your interest!!

• bumstead69
    7 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2011 10:35 AM

Basic math was used to obtain those numbers.

• tezzastheman
    1,122 Posts
    Tue, Jul 19 2011 7:28 PM

SHRUDE:

Bump, because we need more CC features!

OTHERS AGREE

Register your interest!!

Still no response...wtf!!! Call someone a cheat, and you will get 60 responses. Try to improve the game for everyone, and nobody is interested hmmm. Must be a lot of selfish people out there.

RSS