Forums

Help › Forums

Oakmont petition

Tue, Dec 4 2018 6:04 PM (45 replies)
  • GirnBlanston
    648 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2018 3:02 PM

I suggest we bring back Oakmont and trash a couple of courses here.

Bandon par 3 - when was the last time you played this one?  I never see it as a tournament choice or used in match OR alternate games.  It just takes up space. ABANDON BANDON!!!!!!!!

Chambers Bay - Only because I hate this course and its inconsistent programming.  Distances to pin lie all the time.

Pinehurst - Although I can score on this one, see Chambers Bay reasoning.  Also, WGT is in love with this course, seems at least one tournament a week on this one if not more.

If we get an adequate response and WGT notices, maybe they would break with normal policy and listen to we, the players, who spend our $ here.  I CAN ONLY HOPE!!!!!

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2018 4:16 PM

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Jul 16 2018 7:47 PM

TopShelf2010:
    This is a great course and a fine addition to the WGT stable. If you are having difficulty with the distances, I advise you to take notes. The severe elevation changes, especially on the Par 3's can drive many a player nuts.

+1

I love Chambers Bay. 

Sure, it's a challenging course. But I really enjoy it. And I agree that a player simply needs to learn the distances. Once you have that down, I find it plays true. 

Especially on the back 9, I've had some really good rounds. Back in June, I was fortunate enough to shoot a 27 (championship tees and greens). 

• ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Tue, Jul 17 2018 1:47 AM

We should be happy about every course we are able to play at WGT. I for myself cant get enough of them and I always hope for new courses. So for sure it is sad that Oakmont isn´t there to play anymore. But take other courses away because some player dont like it? No way, I say! To what shall that lead? Another player dont like Kiawa: Away with it. And another one dont like Congo and Merion: Delete! Delete! At the end of that process we all play together on ... oh, sorry... nowhere, all courses are gone.

I like every course and I want them all to stay.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Tue, Jul 17 2018 2:38 AM
    The contract wgt had with Oakmont was a bit different to all the other courses. It's still possible to play Oakmont though if you look hard enough.
  • GirnBlanston
    648 Posts
    Tue, Jul 17 2018 5:43 AM

Just for clarification.  The reason I recommended removal of any courses was my assumption one needed to be gone to add Oakmont back in. 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Tue, Jul 17 2018 6:04 AM

DAZZA501:
    The contract wgt had with Oakmont was a bit different to all the other courses. It's still possible to play Oakmont though if you look hard enough.

Exactly. In fact, I played the front 9 last night. Even happened to shoot a pretty decent score (29). 

• thepack52
    219 Posts
    Tue, Jul 17 2018 7:23 AM

I don't mind Chambers Bay and i'm ambivelent about Pinehurts, but you can take those Par 3 courses...any, all, both and dump them. I have only played Bandon 1 time due to it was in a CC tourney. 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Tue, Jul 17 2018 7:29 AM

ostfriedel:
    At the end of that process we all play together on ... oh, sorry... nowhere, all courses are gone.

Exactly!

Additionally, what would be the benefit or upside to deleting courses? Do you people actually believe the game would work better for the remaining courses if some courses were deleted? 

Well, if they believe that, then they should stop asking for courses to be added. 

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Tue, Jul 17 2018 10:34 AM

GirnBlanston:
    Just for clarification.  The reason I recommended removal of any courses was my assumption one needed to be gone to add Oakmont back in. 

Fair enough. But I don't think they've ever eliminated a course when one was added. But I could be wrong.

In any case, according to the Facebook page, Wolf Creek will be available later this year. 

RSS