Forums

Help › Forums

Oakmont petition

Tue, Dec 4 2018 6:04 PM (45 replies)
  • fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Thu, Nov 29 2018 9:00 PM

Bowl64:

Oakmont isn`t likely to be seen again so Wolf Creek is a very welcome addition. While i`m at it, could you please free Whistler and Cabo WGT? We need more courses :)

Bjorn

If we’re going to petition, I suggest petitioning WGT to convert some, if not all of the CTTH courses into full 18 holes ones. As much as I’d love being able to play Oakmont, it sure seems like a dead horse by now. I suspect Harbour Town would be really awesome as a full course. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Fri, Nov 30 2018 11:10 AM

I thought it had been made fairly clear (by what I have read) that "converting" a CTTH course to full play would be almost the same amount of work/cost as developing a new course.  WGT only has the data required for the CTTH play and would have to collect/generate all the rest.

I only got to play Oakmont once - and that was through the back door - but it was a nice course.  Too bad that did not work out.

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Fri, Nov 30 2018 7:11 PM

DoctorLarry:

I thought it had been made fairly clear (by what I have read) that "converting" a CTTH course to full play would be almost the same amount of work/cost as developing a new course.  WGT only has the data required for the CTTH play and would have to collect/generate all the rest.

I only got to play Oakmont once - and that was through the back door - but it was a nice course.  Too bad that did not work out.

Perhaps I wasn’t being clear. My point is we should petition WGT to expand the current CTTH courses into full ones. With all of the CTTH (wishful thinking?) made into full courses we would have an incredible courses lineup to play on. 

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sat, Dec 1 2018 9:33 AM

For WGT there needs to be additional revenue coming from the expenditure needed to map and create a new course.

More advertising as a result? Can't see that as there seems to be less interest in advertising here. 

More equipment or ball sales? Nope. A huge influx of new players. That's not happening.

There is no real incentive for the company to put much investment into a division that provides such a small portion of its overall profits.

But I will promise you a TopGolf venue breaking ground close to  you sometime in the near future.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Sat, Dec 1 2018 10:34 AM

fobby1980:

Perhaps I wasn’t being clear. My point is we should petition WGT to expand the current CTTH courses into full ones. With all of the CTTH (wishful thinking?) made into full courses we would have an incredible courses lineup to play on. 

I understood what you were saying and I would like to see that happen too, but I was saying there is little current data on the CTTH-only courses - only enough terrain and camera angles to support CTTH.  Thus, to convert them to full courses would be almost equivalent to starting over with a new course.

I guess I was not (maybe am not?) too clear about that.

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Tue, Dec 4 2018 6:04 PM

HackWilson1930:

For WGT there needs to be additional revenue coming from the expenditure needed to map and create a new course.

More advertising as a result? Can't see that as there seems to be less interest in advertising here. 

More equipment or ball sales? Nope. A huge influx of new players. That's not happening.

There is no real incentive for the company to put much investment into a division that provides such a small portion of its overall profits.

But I will promise you a TopGolf venue breaking ground close to  you sometime in the near future.

Already happened. One just opened in Katy, TX about 30 min away from Houston where I lived in 2017

RSS