DISTANCES BALL TRAVELS

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 6 2011 7:47 PM (5 replies)
  • davewal
    3 Posts
    Tue, Jul 5 2011 8:18 PM

Can someplease explain to me what is going on with the distance meter

not sure if me or the game

i can hit a 1/2 sand wedge one game 60 yards next game 1/2 sand wedge 90 yards

same with putters

any help appreciated

• MUSTAQBAL1
    270 Posts
    Tue, Jul 5 2011 11:32 PM

there are many variables that can explain what is going on:  wind, slope, how deep your lie is, etc.  when wgt photographed each course, they took thousands of photographs to make playing as realistic as possible. supposedly, accuracy is within and inch and a half wherever your ball is located.  i've seen many players comment on why they can't hit the exact same shot over and over. it's impossible and wgt designed it that way.  you may be able to hit within a 3 ft circle on the green for example, but your ball will not land exactly in the same spot every time.  this is where club accuracy comes into play along with the type of ball you are using.  as mentioned, there are many variables.  one way you can decrease that margin of error is to use better equipment.  pay close attention to the wind as well next time you are playing.  st. andrews is can be brutal if you aren't careful.  hope this helps.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Wed, Jul 6 2011 2:47 AM

I recommend a bacon lettuce and tomato sandwedge. Lettuce is a good way of obtaining your greens, if it doesn't work today, it might work tomato and if you overshoot the green, its easy to get bacon by spending a little bread. Sorted.

Lizzie xx 

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Jul 6 2011 4:03 AM

LizzieRossetti:

I recommend a bacon lettuce and tomato sandwedge. Lettuce is a good way of obtaining your greens, if it doesn't work today, it might work tomato and if you overshoot the green, its easy to get bacon by spending a little bread. Sorted.

Lizzie xx 

Very creative.......love it

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Jul 6 2011 5:02 AM

A toast to Lizzie!

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Wed, Jul 6 2011 7:47 PM

A brilliant sandwedge?....Is this our new club?....and is it available in the the pro shop yet?

RSS