Forums

Help › Forums

How did WGT program the wind??????

rated by 0 users
Sun, Oct 4 2009 3:26 PM (3 replies)
  • Futures
    79 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 8:54 AM

If this is not in the program already, the game needs random wind.  

I don't mean 7 mph tail wind at  #1, and then 12 mph headwind #2 for each player.

No, I mean that during a single play event, my wind patterns will be very much unlike another player's during his/her round.

On any given hole you could have wind ranging from 1-20 mph across right or left, head wind, tail wind,  and all other diagonals.  For each hole you would have the above random options which would prevent any  two players from having the same wind patterns during a round. 

Well, if the game is already doing this, my apology.

• sabbath270
    231 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 2:50 PM

It is already doing this.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 3:14 PM

I'd rather see wind conditions that more accurately mirror the layout on the course.

Stiff wind in your face on BP #3?  No worries, it'll be at your back on the 4th tee.  Something like that.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2009 3:26 PM

Hi,

The only other comment I would make is that you are not going to have wind patterns ranging from 1 - 20 mph on any given hole. The wind patterns are set up in ranges - set by WGT.

So you're going to have one of the following wind patterns for a particular round. Low wind 1 - 6, moderate 6 - 12. or strong 12 - 20  those numbers are not correct, so please dont quote me on them. They will vary randomly, in strength and direction within those ranges for each hole.

Cheers Doug

RSS