Forums

Help › Forums

Brian "Shovlovin" Shovlin

Wed, May 2 2018 10:23 PM (51 replies)
  • bery111
    3,859 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2018 4:48 AM

Brian "Shovlovin" Shovlin - WGT 13 January 2014 to 7 April 2018

It is with great sadness and heavy hearts that we have to inform you that our illustrious leader, founder of WGT Amigos and friend to many people here, Shovlovin passed away on Saturday afternoon. He battled his illness valliantly to the end, and may he now rest at peace.

WGT Amigos will continue on with the great spirit, dedication and humour that Shov has instilled in all of us.

Shov - we hope your drives fly straight and your putts roll true on the fairways and greens above us. It has been an honour to call you "Bosstwat" and above all else an Amigo. Rest well Amigo.

• newcastleb
    1,813 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2018 5:07 AM

:')

RIP mi amigo

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2018 5:12 AM

I played with Shovlovin several times, The Andyson was the last time and He was a cool Guy.

RIP Brian

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2018 5:15 AM

I wont add anything different to the message i sent to Berry and their great club from me and my friends at SEL.

Other than once again to say i will miss my messages with Brian. He was a true friend on here.

RIP mate........from Bubbs (Shag) and all at Southern England Links.

• amateur4sure
    2,198 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2018 5:16 AM

RIP Brain

• Borat74
    2,792 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2018 5:17 AM

Such sad news.

RIP Brian.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2018 5:29 AM

• Beryman
    9,085 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2018 5:51 AM

sad news indeed

RIP

• BrazilianBirdie
    187 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2018 7:55 AM

To say my heart is broken would be a gross understatement :(

I was a member of The Amigos for some time, and I will always remember Brian with so much fondness.

This news comes as a real shock to me because I wasn't even aware of his illness. It's a sad sad time indeed :(

He was a lovely man, and a great CC Owner ...always there to help, no matter what ...and he adored his members, it was so plain to see.

The world is a poorer place for this huge loss and my heart goes out to all who loved him & all he loved. My deepest condolences to The Amigos members.

I do hope that WGT will see fit to assist in establishing a new Owner for this wonderful Country Club ...if not for any other reason but to honour his memory by not allowing The Amigos to slip into oblivion without an Owner.

You made the rules WGT...let's see u bend or break them on the grounds of honour & compassion.

Brian was 100% dedicated to his members & worked hard to establish one of the most successful Country Clubs in all of WGT history ...please don't allow that to be tarnished & leave almost 250 loyal members in WGT limbo.

R.I.P. Brian

A lovely man, a great leader & a wonderful friend

Maddie

• silent2hear
    891 Posts
    Mon, Apr 9 2018 8:50 AM

April 9, 2018  11:30a Indiana USA time

To all who read these posts:

Each WGT Avatar has a human behind the mouse. That fact is lost in the 'big picture' yet we each can tell hours of  stories about WGT folks we have met on our hours clicking the virtual golf balls.

Brian {shovlovin} Shovlin was an amazing 'SKIPPER" of WGT Amigo(s) ! That is IT! 

Rest in Peace Brian. There is a HOLE now where you once sat. There is NO need to fill this hole. Rather if you all might consider...when you sink those putts..you will pause now and then and reflect on the 'JOY' you got/get from those you "FRIEND" on WGT and beyond!

Christine {silent2hear)  Fescue Sands CC since June 2016

RSS