Forums

Help › Forums

New to WGT Forums

Sun, Jan 28 2018 9:15 PM (49 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Jan 19 2018 2:28 PM
    YankeeJim:
    Unless they sent you one stating a specific period when they tasered you I think it's safe to assume you're there until you ask not to be. Hit Icon up on his wall.
    This

Nor do they send you a message why you were placed in Moderation.......such as it is, I have a total disrespect for the mods these days, partly as it is so discretionary, partly due to a total lack of consistency and partly as they tend to listen to unfounded complaints without investigation.

It is what it is, always has been, always will be.

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Fri, Jan 19 2018 2:52 PM

WGTPartyOnGarth:
    I am new to forums and will be a regular moderator of the community from this point on!

Well, I sure hope you are a bit more chiseled around the edges than our previous mods. 

These forums have become a one-way street that is moderated by "behavior". If you have a different opinion or you take a stronger stand against a topic discussion and your "behavior" is that of a bad boy or girl the moderators are very quick to put you in the corner for a time out. Not just a 2, 3 wk time out., but "indefinitely".  

Indefinitely. Excuse me if this sounds ridiculous but it is. If you post something inappropriate and it goes against the T&R, then yes, most definitely that member / members should be moderated, but indefinitely. Come on! There are more long term community members on moderation than EVER before.

Let me add, I know a couple of these long term members and they have informed me that they too have received the same exact response from CS that we all have. It goes like this; You are moderated "indefinitely" because of your "behavior". They would make excellent Elementary school teachers or a Boy and Girls Club monitor. I say this with the utmost respect for those type of careers but this is a PUBLIC FORUM of opinion and debate. At times some people have a harsh way of stating their opinions or point of view. When those opinions or points of view are stated I sure hope you have a thicker skin and are all around mentally stronger to let the topic and discussion play out like it use too. 

Let the members DEBATE. Lets the members state THEIR VIEWS. Let the members AGREE TO DISAGREE. Then maybe, just maybe these forums will come ALIVE again.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Jan 20 2018 12:53 AM

overtheedge:
    There are more long term community members on moderation than EVER before.

Reckon the last one wanted to do a clean sweep and start running things his way from the get go.

Nothing wrong with that but might have gone a tad over the top not knowing the characters or their sense of humour ;/

The Forums are for sure, less entertaining than ever before ;(

Though 'Shoe' did warn us he was 'trigger happy'  lol

• craigswan
    31,000 Posts
    Sat, Jan 20 2018 4:31 AM

plus 1 hedgie .

give and take .

• craigswan
    31,000 Posts
    Sat, Jan 20 2018 4:32 AM

• jonny88
    60 Posts
    Sat, Jan 20 2018 6:01 AM

Well there you go Garthie boy see what you been missing... Happy Moderating..  

Is that something like a hall monitor who reports to the VP or something worse?

Happy Days welcome aboard.

• wpjones
    3,030 Posts
    Sat, Jan 20 2018 6:18 AM

I'm wpjones, Owner of Golfers Haven CC.  I'm new to the Forums also.  I would like to have an answer to the following suggestion; if you are an official of WGT, you should be able to handle this message question I sent to "contact" today.

It's been a long time since these fine Courses (Cabo and Whistler) have hosted WGT events.  I hope to see them on the schedule this Season. Why can't they be regulars on the Ready-Go schedule?  I'll also go post this inquiry on the Forum.  Thanks.   wpjones, Golfers Haven Country Club Owner

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sat, Jan 20 2018 7:19 AM

craigswan:

plus 1 hedgie .

give and take .

craigswan:

Well, I sure hope you are a bit more chiseled around the edges than our previous mods. 

And - you will give swany more post to reply to then his own.snickering emoticon

• craigswan
    31,000 Posts
    Sat, Jan 20 2018 7:25 AM

I'm not moderated guys . [ touch wood ] .

I was just asking .`

The point of moderation is not to limit discussion, promote or suppress points of view, or any other secret agenda. The goal of moderation is to keep the forums enjoyable and free from problems that detract from the experiences of  users.

RSS