Forums

Help › Forums

Has something chenged recently?

Tue, Jul 31 2018 3:04 PM (21 replies)
  • fireman33
    2,692 Posts
    Thu, Jan 18 2018 4:20 AM

Noticed a difference in the game myself. Dinged putts jumping right or left off the putter face. Wind not blowing the ball like it did in the past. Tee shots sailing into the wind instead of curving the direction the wind should blow it. Looks like the forgiveness is gone and you get what you hit. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Jan 18 2018 9:16 AM

It seems like every update they make changes. We have to adapt to those changes.

On a real course, every round changes and thats how I view the game. I make the adjustments

• TerryN1013
    109 Posts
    Thu, Jan 18 2018 8:23 PM

Wasn't cabbage.  I was just off the green 10 yards.

• duffputt
    314 Posts
    Thu, Jan 18 2018 10:30 PM

About rough near the green: it could most likely be on hole no 4. If you are in the 30/40 rough near the bunker short right, there is a big difference in how ball behaves. Ball close to bunker but still in rough your shot will go 15 yards shorter than calculated. If you are in the same rough but just closer to fairway, the shot will behave normally. I assume this is what you have experienced

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Thu, Jan 18 2018 10:44 PM

Personally I have noticed some weird things lately. Perhaps I'm just getting deviated my fair share amount. But there have been a couple putts recently where I played for dings which I don't do often at all for putts and the line of the putt noticeably started off right away on the wrong line. This is with the highest level sabertooth putter and with a relatively straight putt.

I would agree with duffputt with your scenario though, that seems spot on. You just have to know how some courses/holes react. 30/40 rough at bpb for example sometimes plays to 5 extra yards and you virtually retain all your spin with wedges. You go to another course that same type of 30/40 plays 8 yards and you have to play roll out 2/3 yards

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Fri, Jan 19 2018 12:18 AM

duffputt:

About rough near the green: it could most likely be on hole no 4. If you are in the 30/40 rough near the bunker short right, there is a big difference in how ball behaves. Ball close to bunker but still in rough your shot will go 15 yards shorter than calculated. If you are in the same rough but just closer to fairway, the shot will behave normally. I assume this is what you have experienced

I've had the same on PB #2, short and right, between the green and bunker. It plays like a bunker shot, instead of 30/40 rough. Been like that since PB came out, I just assumed, it's a programming mistake and played it as if I was in the bunker.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Jan 19 2018 2:19 AM

TerryN1013:
    Wasn't cabbage.  I was just off the green 10 yards.

Well you did leave us guessing... ;)

anyway,the above posts have pointed out the rough anomalies on PB for you.

• Dougie4042
    4,399 Posts
    Fri, Jan 19 2018 4:39 AM

YankeeJim:
    You could very well be at that place where the game is recognizing your progress and adapting to it by doing exactly what you're thinking-making it harder.

Ahhh, the dreaded VEM!  o.O

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Fri, Jan 19 2018 5:57 AM

mkrizan86:

duffputt:

I've had the same on PB #2, short and right, between the green and bunker. It plays like a bunker shot, instead of 30/40 rough. Been like that since PB came out, I just assumed, it's a programming mistake and played it as if I was in the bunker.

Kind of behaves like it doesn't come out cleanly from the rough there due to the steepness of the bunker face. It happens if you are short left as well on the upslope.

• 67Cam
    28 Posts
    Mon, Jan 29 2018 2:05 PM

Dougie4042:

YankeeJim:
    You could very well be at that place where the game is recognizing your progress and adapting to it by doing exactly what you're thinking-making it harder.

Ahhh, the dreaded VEM!  o.O

Probably this. I couldn't understand why the same crosswind would blow my ball 5 yards offline one time but 20 yards another, plus other inconsistencies. Did a little digging here on the forum and saw WGT does in fact alter the performance in the game. Just Google "WGT Golf forum V.E.M." and read up.

RSS