Forums

Help › Forums

The Country Club of Atlanta - status

Sun, Jan 12 2014 2:32 PM (59 replies)
  • JayInAtlanta
    1,770 Posts
    Wed, Jun 15 2011 9:50 PM

Anyone looking for a great club to join?

Unfortunately, WGT locked my main thread because of a hijack.

Anyway, I have one slot that just opened up in the club.  If you've never joined a club and are even thinking about it, do yourself a favor and request an invite!

We have ALL levels of competitors.

Here are the types of things we offer, which I think makes our club the best in the game:

- fantastic and communicative membership; member feedback is always considered for club improvements; fun off-topic discussions about our lives

- dedicated external website with real-time chat, forums, social networking-style profiles, and visual calendar of events!

- FREE tourneys ALL the time: leveled AND non-leveled  - compete on equal footing with others in the club, or play the "normal" way - your choice!

- cheap pay tourneys that are specifically TIERED to make the playing field and competition more level - 9 holes, closest to the hole, 18 holes, you name it!

- FREE "majors" tourneys that award prizes through WGT gifting

- optional cross-club competition (alternate shot and match play)

Anyone looking for a cross-club rivalry?

Also leave your club's name here if you'd be interested in some fun, friendly, but competitive, cross-club play.  We're wrapping up one cross-club tourney now, have another one slated to begin soon, and would love to keep that cross-club play an active part of our experience.

Best,

Jay

• JayInAtlanta
    1,770 Posts
    Sun, Jul 17 2011 7:10 AM

One slot became available in The Country Club of Atlanta due to member inactivity (more than 2 months without playing a single WGT round).

I also may have two more slots coming available soon for the same reason.  At the CCOA, members are warned up to two weeks in advance when they may be dropped for inactivity.

If anyone wants to join a fantastic club, with all the features in the post above, please leave a message here or request an invite on WGT to be on the waiting list.

Thanks!

Jay

• JayInAtlanta
    1,770 Posts
    Fri, Jul 29 2011 9:29 AM

Five total slots are available in The Country Club of Atlanta - please request an invite or reply to this thread.

Here's why the CCOA is your best bet if you're looking to join a club. Wait no longer.

- We're doing cross-club competition with the amazing Bridgestone CC right now and will be playing other outstanding clubs as we go

- When we say we have something for everyone, you bet we mean it. Tourneys that are tiered and/or leveled for all types of players from Hacks to Legends, in addition to tourneys that aren't leveled at all

- We have a great internal club alternate-shot tourney coming up...plus we have once-a-month majors that award Pro Shop prizes, and many, many more features

- We now also have our very own dedicated external website that offers real-time chat, social networking, and a visual event calendar! [exclusively open to CCOA members]

(In an effort to ensure an active membership, we do have some extremely fair activity requirements that you'll be requested to approve before joining.)

Best,

Jay

• Winzall2
    298 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2011 12:12 PM

Jay,

I've requested you as a friend. get ahold of me for some cross-club actives. We have our Club champioship going right now, so it will be a few weeks before we could set something up.

Thanks,

Bob

• JayInAtlanta
    1,770 Posts
    Sat, Jul 30 2011 5:50 PM

Winzall2:

Jay,

I've requested you as a friend. get ahold of me for some cross-club actives. We have our Club champioship going right now, so it will be a few weeks before we could set something up.

Thanks,

Bob

Thanks a lot, Bob! See you on the course soon. We're still wrapping up a match play/alt-shot competition anyway, so we'll be ready about the same time in August.

Appreciate you reaching out.

Jay

• jwhistler31
    357 Posts
    Fri, Aug 12 2011 10:56 AM

Jay requested friend, and join CCOA- I live in Lagrange, GA- been playing WGT about 3 weeks, pro 82.29- only reason score so high got new clubs- played a practice round to get used to them- messed around with putter experiementing- did not know a practice rd would count on my score.... anyway want to see what cc like - pretty much playing a little daily.... thanks

• JayInAtlanta
    1,770 Posts
    Fri, Aug 12 2011 12:52 PM

All right jwhistler31, thanks for the interest. You sound like a winner & I'll just shoot you the rules via PM and then let you in if you accept.

Thanks,

Jay

• row2seat2
    1,441 Posts
    Wed, Aug 17 2011 3:29 PM

I would like to join, live in Ga (Hartwell) everyday player, current CC is dead...tks

• JayInAtlanta
    1,770 Posts
    Wed, Aug 17 2011 7:53 PM

row2seat2:

I would like to join, live in Ga (Hartwell) everyday player, current CC is dead...tks

Great!

To all, we have 2 slots left.

The process works like this - we need to be "friends" on WGT so that I can send you a copy of the CCOA rules, which are very fair but help ensure we will have members that are active on WGT.

row2seat2, I've "friended" you, so when you accept my request, I'll send the rules.

If anyone is interested in the last spot, send me a friend request and leave a post on here (or a country club request), and I can send you the rules.

Thanks!

Jay

• johntonya0689
    705 Posts
    Wed, Aug 17 2011 8:00 PM

Jay Im interested in The CC. Mine is dead and going nowhere.

Thanks,

John

RSS