Forums

Help › Forums

Green speed

Tue, Apr 12 2022 1:18 PM (29 replies)
  • Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2018 2:08 PM

Sevron1:

Not talking about tournaments. When I started this thread 4 months ago, it was meant for H2H mobile matches. Especially 1 hole matches for huge coin, where you only have the 1 chance at the pin. Not sure how it turned so kitty wompas. Would just be nice to know what you're chipping onto ahead of time when there's only 1 hole that matters. 

I was pretty sure that you were talking about H2H coin games, as I looked at your profile, and saw that your apparel was more than a decent level.  I still contend that your best bet is the flop shot!  It stops dead, no matter what the green speed is, you don't have to worry which way the ball will roll, or how far it will roll, once on the green.  If the ball doesn't touch the green, til you're within a yard, the speed, or contour, makes no difference. That's my nickle, because I don't believe that they will change the game, and if they do, it won't be very soon. 

• Sevron1
    21 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2018 2:31 PM

Yep. Did that all through the lower ranks with crappy clubs. Flopshots were my best friend inside 50yrd. Just put it out there because in the H2H world they change stuff around on us every 3 months. From game format to the clothes we wear. I change my apparel back and forth depending if I need to boast coins or skill. Always keep the red hair though. lol. With all the useless information they keep adding on with every update, though it would be something useful to those who want it. 

• Fanling2002
    1,149 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2018 5:34 AM

+1 asking for green speed info from the tee box for the h2H mobile games

• greensinreg
    2 Posts
    Mon, Jun 11 2018 8:57 AM

100% agreement

• Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Mon, Jun 11 2018 11:08 PM

Robert1893:

I still hold to the position that all you need are decent wedges and a decent ball (i.e. a ball with spin of 3.5 or above). With that combination, a player shouldn't have to worry about green speeds for any shot from the fairway with a wedge. 

I think 2.5 spin is decent if you have good clubs. For example are you saying a level 34 Cally slow meter ball that has only 2.5 spin for 450 credits is not a decent ball? It is a great ball and 2.5 is enough for most shots.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2018 6:25 AM

Lesthanpar:
    I think 2.5 spin is decent if you have good clubs. For example are you saying a level 34 Cally slow meter ball that has only 2.5 spin for 450 credits is not a decent ball? It is a great ball and 2.5 is enough for most shots.

If you think that 2.5 qualifies as decent spin, that's fine. I'm not going to get caught up in parsing out terms that ultimately are subjectively decided by the user. I prefer a ball with 3.5 spin or above and think anything lower is not as "decent." 

The Cally Level 34 ball is not a bad ball. But for the price, no, I really don't think it's a great ball. You're paying a premium for the meter speed. I think the Callaway Chrome Soft (Level 33) is a much better, overall ball. And it's 200 credits cheaper. The Chrome Soft is a great ball. 

But each individual has to decide for himself or herself what works and what doesn't work. If' it works for you and is at a price you like, then it's a decent ball for you. But no, I would never purchase the Calllaway Level 34. I think there are much better options. 

• Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2018 12:02 PM

Robert1893:

Lesthanpar:

If you think that 2.5 qualifies as decent spin, that's fine. I'm not going to get caught up in parsing out terms that ultimately are subjectively decided by the user. I prefer a ball with 3.5 spin or above and think anything lower is not as "decent." 

The Cally Level 34 ball is not a bad ball. But for the price, no, I really don't think it's a great ball. You're paying a premium for the meter speed. I think the Callaway Chrome Soft (Level 33) is a much better, overall ball. And it's 200 credits cheaper. The Chrome Soft is a great ball. 

But each individual has to decide for himself or herself what works and what doesn't work. If' it works for you and is at a price you like, then it's a decent ball for you. But no, I would never purchase the Calllaway Level 34. I think there are much better options. 

I agree with you on value but the point is 2.5 spin is enough and there are other "decent" balls that only have 2.5 spin. The level 35 Cally at 300 credits to name one, level 7 TP5 at 300 credits to name another. Even a Srixon with 2.5 spin is "decent" tee to green and stops okay but the problem with those is they do not putt as well. Just my opinion

Les

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Tue, Jun 12 2018 1:24 PM

Lesthanpar:
    I agree with you on value but the point is 2.5 spin is enough and there are other "decent" balls that only have 2.5 spin. The level 35 Cally at 300 credits to name one, level 7 TP5 at 300 credits to name another. Even a Srixon with 2.5 spin is "decent" tee to green and stops okay but the problem with those is they do not putt as well. Just my opinion

That's fine. We just happen to disagree. 

Play well! 

• swale1722
    19 Posts
    Sat, Apr 9 2022 8:32 PM

Can you really flop like 35yrd. I'm limited to 27yrd. They won't let me use my pw either? 

• SamSpayed
    4,904 Posts
    Tue, Apr 12 2022 1:18 PM

swale1722:

Can you really flop like 35yrd. I'm limited to 27yrd. They won't let me use my pw either? 

Your flop distance will be determined by the yardage rating of the wedge you're using.  I have a Callaway 52° wedge (rated for 115 yds) whose flop distance is 47 yds.

WGT does not allow you to flop your PW.  You can only flop a SW or a LW.

RSS