Forums

Help › Forums

credit card scam

Wed, Sep 4 2019 11:52 AM (30 replies)
  • whapding
    5 Posts
    Wed, Nov 15 2017 9:25 AM

twice now i have been called by scammers that could only have gotten the info from this site, i know this because this is the only place in the whole interweb that has that info, either wgt should beef up their security or find the *** thief working with them

• WGTElectro
    90 Posts
    Wed, Nov 15 2017 9:41 AM

Dear Whapding,

We do not share any personal information with anyone for any reason. We take Privacy concerns very seriously and do not breach that for any reason. We also do not have any player's phone number on file anywhere for any reason.

With that being said, if you filled out surveys with third parties and provided this information to them for free credits, you will need to contact them in regards to their Terms and Conditions regarding their processes as you may have agreed for them to use/share this information when filling this information out. 

Sincerely,

WGTElectro

• lonniescott711
    4,180 Posts
    Wed, Nov 15 2017 10:31 AM

whapding:

twice now i have been called by scammers that could only have gotten the info from this site, i know this because this is the only place in the whole interweb that has that info, either wgt should beef up their security or find the *** thief working with them

Not really . Any place that you use a card is putting your information out there . Every store purchase every time you swipe your card is saying hello . Walmart Target Sears just to name a few . A lot of the junk mail that you get is because of this and it goes through a trickle down process , and all comes back to you .

So even though businesses do protect your information it can and does find its way into the hands of those who shouldnt have it . Thats why its known as identity theft and credit card fraud . The scammers are calling because they got your phone number not your card number . They call me too from Jamaica telling me I won a sweepstakes prize from Publishers Clearing House . Im still waiting for them to show up with my money and a brand new Benz . :-)

• alanti
    10,563 Posts
    Wed, Nov 15 2017 11:11 AM

whapding:
    i know this because this is the only place in the whole interweb that has that info

I like your powers of deduction......first thing that pops into your head!

If they had the credit card info....do you really think they would call you?

Info is very easy to gain from numerous sources, not only the internet but from public domain sources such as election rolls, directories etc etc.

Simple rule is, give as little information to any source you do not trust 100% - if they ask for personal info, bail!

• Robert1893
    7,647 Posts
    Wed, Nov 15 2017 4:15 PM

whapding:
    twice now i have been called by scammers that could only have gotten the info from this site

Hey, that was a legitimate deal I called you about. I take serious exception to this thread. 

• Dave33200
    2,929 Posts
    Wed, Nov 15 2017 7:21 PM

whapding:

You do understand that many credit card companies have been hacked over the years? The most recently, and largest is Equifax. They handle many cards for many banks. I would say the info was compromised from something like that hack rather than from WGT. It just takes the hackers time to go through all the millions of names on the list. 

• whapding
    5 Posts
    Thu, Nov 16 2017 8:46 AM

thank you for your "opinions", i think what duturte said to treudue applies here, layoff the ***

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Thu, Nov 16 2017 10:57 AM

whapding:

thank you for your "opinions", i think what duturte said to treudue applies here, layoff the ***

Whatever Dude.  You apparently are just someone who is going to blame WGT regardless of any alternate theories people post.  Including Electro who gave you a reasonable explanation as to what happened. 

But have fun and try to enjoy the game anyway. 

• whapding
    5 Posts
    Thu, Nov 16 2017 11:50 AM

thankyou "whatever dude" i do enjoy the game.  first i am not a dude, second, theories are provable, and electro did not give me a reasonable explanation, he gave me an excuse for why wgt does not take responsibility for the 3rd parties they let advertise on a game we pay to play, thanks again whatever dude

• Robert1893
    7,647 Posts
    Thu, Nov 16 2017 1:50 PM

whapding:

You do realize that as many as 87% of people can be identified with just three pieces of information: gender, date of birth, and zip code, yes?

And that doesn't even touch on the online footprint that people leave behind. 

RSS