Forums

Help › Forums

credit card scam

Wed, Sep 4 2019 11:52 AM (30 replies)
  • adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Thu, Nov 16 2017 2:11 PM

what they know my shoes sizes aswell....i must start wearing my wifes shoes from now on geeez

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Thu, Nov 16 2017 3:01 PM

adaputter:

what they know my shoes sizes aswell....i must start wearing my wifes shoes from now on geeez

Well at least they will match the dress................*ducks*

@ The OP....more information out there via your online footprint that you would like.....go and tell all your friends on Facebook to take care.

• Lutjanid
    697 Posts
    Thu, Nov 16 2017 7:05 PM

I hear "Tin hats are us" are having a massive xmas sale. Gettin there.

• whapding
    5 Posts
    Thu, Nov 16 2017 8:04 PM

fyi future know it all rocket appliances, it was a new card from a new bank and this was the only place it was used, i am not computer illiterate and i choose not to be ignorant, but yall feel free to fill your pants, hehe

• Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Fri, Nov 17 2017 7:43 AM

whapding:
    fyi future know it all rocket appliances, it was a new card from a new bank and this was the only place it was used, i am not computer illiterate and i choose not to be ignorant, but yall feel free to fill your pants, hehe

So, let me get this straight. You used a new card here, and then within a short period, you received phone calls that specifically referenced that credit card? Is that correct? 

In other words, what was the actual scam? 

I forgot to ask: how do you suppose the scammers get your both your phone number and your credit card (CC) information? 

Let's say they did get your CC information from this site, which I doubt. The site doesn't have your phone number. How did they know that your phone number was tied to that CC? 

• whapding
    5 Posts
    Fri, Nov 17 2017 8:30 AM

scam

(skæm)

n
    a stratagem for gain; a swindle
    vb, scams, scamming or scammed
    (tr) to swindle (someone) by means of a trick
  • Robert1893
    7,652 Posts
    Fri, Nov 17 2017 3:27 PM

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Nov 17 2017 4:27 PM

whapding:

scam

(skæm)

n
    a stratagem for gain; a swindle
    vb, scams, scamming or scammed
    (tr) to swindle (someone) by means of a trick

Whilst I have no qualms on the definition, I am confused on how this is WGT's fault,

So, correct me if I am wrong, the "scammers" have called you twice but they did not use the CC, or did they phone up to see if you would mind if they use it?

Now if I was trying to scam someone, and as you say, I have your CC details and phone numbers from WGT, I would simply bypass the phone call........

That is why it would appear all they have obtained is your contact details, which can come from many places, and most people are very clumsy at leaving online trails, let alone information that is readily available to the general public.....

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Nov 20 2017 5:02 PM

I tell every survey taker that I live at a Kroger store, same phone number, too. I have a junk email address that they get also. Weird thing is that the email gets very little spam. 

So far, so good. 

Not sure how Kroger feels about it. 

:^)

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Nov 20 2017 11:00 PM

When I first joined I signed up to most of the gambling sites throwing out offers.  I got the offers and also a few bogus deductions.

1. The card I used had a small limit anyway. 

Walking around a high street I would not leave my wallet hanging out my back pocket, and third-party offers are that.

2. Either the credit card company phoned up asking if it was me just trying to by a gold ring 6,000 miles from where I bought a sandwich the day before or I said WTF when a bill came through.  

All was reimbursed real quick as credit card companies make too much for bad publicity.  I half expected it (why a small limit card).

I did also buy a few things direct with WGT, and never was anything tied back to that.  WGT simply do not need that crap as they would not last long if that was going on.  One direct link to that would be very very bad..............

Survey wise I never remember being asked for a credit card, and would not have given it anyway. 

Survey wise I am most successful as a post graduate single mother, aged 29:)....Anyone with an issue with that please remember these days there are strict laws supporting gender, ethnicity and age fluidity:)

RSS