• PAGES
  • padraigbellis
    14 Posts
    Mon, Jun 6 2011 9:26 AM

SALUTE!

• woodbrw1
    6 Posts
    Mon, Jun 6 2011 10:25 AM

I'm a Vietnam Vet and it sure is nice that people are honoring our service personel, because this sure didn't happen to us. Thank you Bill

• OkieX
    175 Posts
    Mon, Jun 6 2011 10:51 AM

That's  a great gesture and i'ts nice to know you are thankful.

I feel the best way to honor and support the troops is to JOIN them.  Go sign up if you really support them.

• Steelers75
    239 Posts
    Mon, Jun 6 2011 10:54 AM

Now that's classy!

I'm in the Army; 16+ years.  I've got two names for you.  I served with both for years.  They were good men, great brothers-in-arms, and are missed:

SSG Julian Melo - 1st BN, 1st INF REG, 1st BDE, 25th ID - KIA Iraq -  December 21,  2004

MSG Mark Coleman - 2nd BN 1st Special Forces Group - KIA Afghanistan - May 2, 2010

• padraigbellis
    14 Posts
    Mon, Jun 6 2011 11:37 AM

I am honored to have those names to show them my support.

• OkieX
    175 Posts
    Mon, Jun 6 2011 12:21 PM

Not to be a stickler but I think it's important to understand the meaning of words.

sup·port   (s-pôrt, -prt)

tr.v. sup·port·edsup·port·ingsup·ports
    1. To bear the weight of, especially from below.
    2. To hold in position so as to keep from falling, sinking, or slipping.
    3. To be capable of bearing; withstand: "His flaw'd heart . . . too weak the conflict to support" (Shakespeare).
    4. To keep from weakening or failing; strengthen: The letter supported him in his grief.
    5. To provide for or maintain, by supplying with money or necessities.
     --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    hon·or   (nr)
    n.
    1. High respect, as that shown for special merit; esteem: the honor shown to a Nobel laureate.
    a. Good name; reputation.
    b. A source or cause of credit: was an honor to the profession.
    a. Glory or recognition; distinction.
    b. A mark, token, or gesture of respect or distinction: the place of honor at the table.
    c. A military decoration.
    d. A title conferred for achievement.

• padraigbellis
    14 Posts
    Mon, Jun 6 2011 12:44 PM

I don't know why you are trying to cause trouble for me,Cause i did nothing to you.All I did was Post on wgt to show these people who serve and support america that i trult admire them.If it isa crime what i just did in my post,Then God send me to hell.Unlike many americans,When memorial day comes around,People think it is about getting read for summ vacation and food and beer and whatever.It is a special say to HONOR And Remember those who lost their lifes serving for folks like you and me.SALUTE TO THE TROOPS.At least i know that when i go to sleep at night,I can know that i Made a soldier happy or vet.I SALUTE YOU.

• OkieX
    175 Posts
    Mon, Jun 6 2011 1:02 PM

I'm not trying to cause trouble for you.  I was in the military, 82nd Airborne.

Just a pet peeve of mine to hear people say they support the troops when they really mean honor.

But playing an online game is not supporting the troops.  If your of age I highly suggest you do support them by going and joining them.

Like my Marine buddy says (he has the same pet peeve as me), get your kid off the Call of Duty game and down to the recruiters office.

Carry on.  Won't bother you again.

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Mon, Jun 6 2011 3:02 PM

Well, I'm a Korea vet and Viet Nam vet, Navy during Korea and 101st Airborne for Viet Nam.

• padraigbellis
    14 Posts
    Mon, Jun 6 2011 3:08 PM

Duffer,Give me your name and you will be on it!

• PAGES
RSS