Help › Forums

If you could only upgrade one club?

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 21 2009 3:49 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Fished
    24 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 2:28 PM

If you could only upgrade one club, which one would you upgrade and why?   I was thinking about the driver for the extra distance, but some have sugested the putter.  Just would to get some opinions.

Thanks

• rustynipples
    199 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 2:41 PM

if you are master rank then driver so you can get the distance to make up for being put back further.

however if I was a pro, I would upgrade putter first without a doubt.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 2:53 PM

"Drive for show, putt for dough" has meaning.

If you could only update one club, make sure it's the putter. Doesn't matter how far you can drive the ball if you're going to be missing the 2' putts.

Just my 2¢

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 3:15 PM

I think this is one of those depends questions.

If you mostly play Kiawah, the putter is the way to go because it is short.

If you play Bethpage, the driver is the way to go because you will have shorter approach shots.

• Fished
    24 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 3:55 PM

I usually just join a another group.  So I play what ever course they set up. 

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 4:43 PM

The one club then..........a Rapture driver....good distance and excellent forgiveness.

My reason....Shorter approaches equals shorter putts. I don't care what putter you give me I will take  a five footer over a twenty footer any day.

• rustynipples
    199 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 4:48 PM

Granted that is making the assumption that you will get closer to the hole with the extra yardage from the driver. Depends on your iron play. If you don't think you are gonna be within about 8 feet, than I would get the putter as it does help a lot from 15+ foot putts.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 5:01 PM

Rusty,

Check your stats......you make 4.89% of you putts from 10 to 25 ft.

• rustynipples
    199 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 5:09 PM

Soulcatcher that accounts for all my putts with the starter putter. When you advance as quick as I did in such a short time stats are a little iffy, if you ever want to play a game and watch my putting, I assure you I am not half bad from 15+ (sorry if that sounds offensive) I am not trying to force someone to buy something, however with the limited experience I have, I would say the putter is hands down my best investment.

Take it for what it is worth as I am new to this site unlike a lot of people.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Sep 20 2009 6:30 PM

Redwood putter, because you already have the Tour Starter set including the driver.

• PAGES
RSS