Forums

Help › Forums

How fast do you usually move through tiers?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 24 2009 3:48 PM (8 replies)
  • cssharkbait
    1 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2009 7:42 PM

I started playing this game 2 days ago and it already has me in the pro tier.  I look at some of the tournament leaderboards for the hack and amateur categories and those scores are way lower than what I can shoot.  I did have a couple lucky good rounds but also had some extremely high scores.  Will it move you back to lower tiers if you play more rounds and your average scores are higher than after the first couple of rounds?

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2009 7:49 PM

I believe it's a one-way door.  As in the popular saying "You can't go home", you can't go back to a more comfortable tier.  Buy clubs.  Buy lots of clubs.  "Be the meter."

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2009 11:16 PM

yeah... the makers of the game intended this game to be more competitive by having the tiers (from watching the video on youtube), but they missed the boat by not informing us more impatient players well enough so that we wouldn't blow-by the amateur tier, IMHO.

I think there should be a more concerted effort on their part to make sure new-comers are aware that once the "pro" level is made, there is no turning back, and it will cost you to continue, if you are so inclined... but, as I've realized from the get-go, and you'll find posted all over this forum, this is a business, and like any business...

• jcampbell
    1 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2009 10:07 AM

that is incorrect information. i  am at the pro tier and my score goes from 75 to 73 back to 74 and some change, depending on how well or bad i play.. cant seem to break 70

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2009 1:38 PM

What he means by you cannot go back is tiers. Once you make pro it doesn't matter if you shoot up to a 98 average, you will still be a pro.

I agree that most people progress to fast. No one tells you that not posting bad scores will hurt you until it is too late.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2009 5:48 PM

I agree that most people progress to fast. No one tells you that not posting bad scores will hurt you until it is too late.

thanks sc... another way that the tier elevation "bites you" is if you play 10-12+ games at a clip, without paying attention to your score. My amateur level went by before I even realized it, while posting all my scores. I think I may have played just one round as an amateur! :/

So... be careful with your enthusiasm! While it may not be best to dwell on your average score, it is essential that you watch out for your tier progression... if that is even a possibility. I still don't know how/when those progressions are made. It's probably here in the forum somewhere... I just haven't searched for it yet.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Sep 23 2009 11:06 PM

PugsAce:
    I still don't know how/when those progressions are made. It's probably here in the forum somewhere... I just haven't searched for it yet.
    Search all you want.. that information is not here.  There are some guesses (educated and/or otherwise) but WGT will not release the hard data on tier thresholds. 

If WGT told us that 68.11 is the exact number to move to Master from Pro, you would see a very large number of people floating right at 68.5... with no intention to do better.  These are "Sandbaggers" and are the bane of any decent competition.

Hope that helps. 

• MJAWS
    1 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2009 7:33 AM

I am at like 80.39 or something like that and I am still at amateur. 

What is the harm in progressing to the next tier?  Just harder competition?

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Thu, Sep 24 2009 3:48 PM

longer tees jaws

RSS