Forums

Help › Forums

***The Andyson Memorial Matchplay 2017***

Fri, Oct 27 2017 5:56 PM (325 replies)
  • K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sun, Sep 3 2017 10:00 AM

Just finished my match with Lonnie. He won it 3 up.

Really enjoyed the tournament. Thanks, guys.

• ItsTooSweet
    149 Posts
    Sun, Sep 3 2017 12:52 PM

I won the round 2 match play with MainzMan. Thanks for a great game Damian.

Chris

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sun, Sep 3 2017 1:09 PM

Thanks Chris, a great game played in good spirit.

Here's wishing you straight putts in the next round  :  )

• BirdieLady9
    2,458 Posts
    Sun, Sep 3 2017 2:45 PM

Have been trying to play for 2 weeks with Jay Resh......no attempt on his part.....so I claim the match play win

Patti

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Sun, Sep 3 2017 4:54 PM

MioKontic and I just finished our match and Mio won 2 up.

I spent a lot of my time in the sand and even found myself in some jungle off to the right on 7 (?, 70-80 brush?), but I somehow managed to stay with him up until that point.

Paul,

Thank you so much for letting me be a substitute. Mio and I had a great time and I think we spent more time chatting about the good old days and our old friends than we did playing golf.

Mio,

Thanks for the memories and best of luck in the next round.

It was a pleasure.

MC

Update from Mio to Paul-

My original opponent unfortunately had to concede his game due to the storm in Texas.  MrCaddie stepped in to take his place.  We had a good game, but more importantly we had a good chat about old times, remembering the good old days when the forum was graced by wonderful charaters like Andyson, LizzieRossetti, StrangeMagic and YancyCan, the first two of those no longer with us, and StrangeMagic unfortunately contracted a degenerative eye disease that made him almost blind and had to give up the game.  I rarely play WGT any more, but I will continue to play this tournament in memory of Andy and other friends who are no longer here.  Many thanks to Paulton and the other organisors of this tournament.

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Sun, Sep 3 2017 6:32 PM

And this / Or is it a shame ,  

it is a shame when a player gives up the " Con " days to become reformed , To think outside the box , to step aside from what we once had .    

And this /  The changed game O past ,   And how the " Community "  took charge for this time  here in WGT land  .

We the players of more than the score but the other Fun offered with lost balls and miss hits looking for something different and givin the chance to find it .  

Thank you WGT ,,     Thank you for letting me and others have this to show you who we are .

OPY 

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sun, Sep 3 2017 10:31 PM

Well said, my friend.

My tournament ended earlier today, but what a great tournament it is...without a smidgen of WGT involvement.

opyeuclid:

And this / Or is it a shame ,  

it is a shame when a player gives up the " Con " days to become reformed , To think outside the box , to step aside from what we once had .    

And this /  The changed game O past ,   And how the " Community "  took charge for this time  here in WGT land  .

We the players of more than the score but the other Fun offered with lost balls and miss hits looking for something different and givin the chance to find it .  

Thank you WGT ,,     Thank you for letting me and others have this to show you who we are .

OPY 

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Sep 4 2017 5:00 AM

BirdieLady9:

Have been trying to play for 2 weeks with Jay Resh......no attempt on his part.....so I claim the match play win

Patti

You posted earlier that he was moving house and wouldn't have internet until yesterday at the earliest. So to say he made no attempt isn't really true.

I will message him today to find out his situation.

Wins are not claimed, they are earned.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Updated.

• thegoosebag
    2,264 Posts
    Mon, Sep 4 2017 11:04 AM

played finny (paulfinn52) earlier today and reporting a 1up win for thegoosebag

thanks paul been great to meet the world cup organiser at last

cheers     mark.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Mon, Sep 4 2017 12:42 PM

PaulTon:
    Wins are not claimed, they are earned.

Well said. 

I also had to earn mine against solanna. Looked like it was going to be a short match, when I took the 1st 3 holes with a -4, but Erv battled back valiantly with some excellent shots and made it to the last green, where we were both around 9-10 feet from the hole, sitting on eagle putts, with me 1 up. We both just missed them. If Erv had a tad more luck with his putter on a few holes, it could've ended very differently.

Thank you very much for the match, you were great company.

RSS