Tue, Aug 29 2017 3:35 PM (190 replies)
  • Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sat, Aug 26 2017 7:06 AM

ps: I feel a  song coming on......

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sat, Aug 26 2017 7:11 AM

Freedom of speech was mentioned in one of the early posts on this. 

Now that you brought it up Jimbog, what was her 'angle'?

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Aug 26 2017 7:23 AM

Dubfore:

Freedom of speech was mentioned in one of the early posts on this. 

Now that you brought it up Jimbog, what was her 'angle'?

Have a read

• gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Sat, Aug 26 2017 8:32 AM

Dubfore:
    I feel a  song coming on......

Is it "I'm sorry", by Brenda Lee. Hurled at at Jimbog, as easily as the slag was? Just wondering

I personally feel something else coming up... again

I concur, information of all types, needs to flow, like it or not, disseminate it, and discuss respectfully

Thought we steered clear of that potential disaster

2 + 2 =  ;-]  

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Aug 26 2017 8:37 AM

gonfission:
    Thought we steered clear of that potential disaster

Ya and you did a nice job of correcting course, was fun for a minute. I guess not everybody got the hint. Oh well.  :-(

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Sat, Aug 26 2017 1:33 PM

I'm up fer a ride on the bozo bus anytime, don't much care which direction it's headin'.

Doc :)

• gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Sat, Aug 26 2017 2:58 PM

Ah, I dunno Doc, When a "Nor easter", blows in from the "Sow west", the bus can end up three sheets to the wind

Without googling, does anyone know what "three sheets to the wind" is alluding to, and why?

3rd day on brakes, I wanna die.

What happened to the old auto motive stores, that you could walk into, tell the guy (WITHOUT A COMPUTER!!!) what you wanted, and he would give you a nasty look, as though you were ruining his day, before he WALKED OUT BACK AND GOT YOUR PARTS??

That was a thing we had once, called SERVICE!!

WTF? I have to order every little part now. When it finally arrives, I have to make adjustments to it, to make it fit its intended placement.

It took 3 hours, to LOWER the spare tire on my GMC. Some frickin bobble headed engineer, thought it would be a novel idea to suspend the rear tire under the truck, on a CABLE DEVICE!!

That would have been nice to find out on a rainy night, with a flat tire.

All the salt, and dirt, goes directly into the device, and what do ya think happens after 5 years later, in the north east?

The cable rusts into place, the device that is suppose to release the cable holder, rusts into place, and you can't get to ANY of it, to release it. I actually thought about taking the bed off the truck, to fix ONE F*CKING  brake line.

Sometimes I wish I was a moron, with no knowledge of how to use tools.

Especially the acetylene torches and welder... If I didn't make exploding targets with the acetylene, I probably wouldn't have it any more. No powder is comparable to gas when mixed properly. And yes, I did think of using it, to end my misery with this event...

A monkey with a termite stick, looks pretty appealing right now, also I could throw my shyt at the truck. I see no down side here.

Any engineers out walking the sidewalks, are in mortal danger, if I find out who they are.

If I gave this to my friend at his repair garage, he would have committed suicide, rather than charge me what the time involved is in changing a $12.00 part.

Hourly, it would have cost me about $600.00 bucks, at $90.00 bucks an hour. $300.00 just to get the tire down out of the way. WTF!!!!!!!!

For 12 whole dollars worth of brake lines I am flaring & bending my self. Same thing he would have done.

If I bought a new brake line, already bent properly, from the GMC dealer, I would have to mortgage my house. PFFFT!

Also it would never fit in, as it has to go in, before the gas tank, a plethora of wiring, hoses, and gas line tubing, it snakes around.

I dislike auto engineers, and the guys that invented that hard plastic, that covers everything you buy now. HDPE

I think I'll go get some & cut my throat, and be done with this BS....

Done eating, & cutting into my 7 hours to deep here, back at it..........

I'll be three sheets to the wind, in about 4 more hours

*SIGH*

If alosso had won the damn lottery, I could have bought a new truck by now

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Sat, Aug 26 2017 3:09 PM

gonfission:
    If alosso had won the damn lottery, I could have bought a new truck by now

My bad, sorry! I tried my very best!

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Sat, Aug 26 2017 3:12 PM

About the statues, some people are going mad by now, aren't they? Pull down Nelson, pull down Kolumbus?

They are renowned for other things than supremacy or what else - to win a national war, to connect the Old World to the New World!

My two Pfennig!

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Sat, Aug 26 2017 6:04 PM

lol...yeah, pull down Nelson....great idea. Then Churchill, the butcher etc..then Queen Victoria....the freeloader etc...who else...lemme think...emmmmmmmmmmm...

The song was 'God Shave Our Gracious Queen'........lemme think....not finished reading all the post yet, some of them are funny.

Bed time, g'night WGT world.  Last game of alt coming up

RSS