Help › Forums

Bye Bye Flash

Fri, Aug 25 2017 5:09 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • pmm711
    5,522 Posts
    Wed, Jul 26 2017 7:02 AM

gonfission:

Anyone wishing to see, the "very near" future, of everything, need only go to, the new show, on National Geographic channel, by the name of, "Year Million"

If someone could hyperlink that, it would be easier, I suppose.

Here you go Joe...

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/year-million/

• Berto057
    219 Posts
    Wed, Jul 26 2017 8:55 PM

RyjaTybas:

I see today that Adobe will stop Flash in 2020 - so unless WGT moves platform - that will probably be the end of the game as well.

Any plans WGT?

As you likely know, Apple have never supported Flash on the iOS mobile platform.  So, WGT already have at least one alternative working.

Cheers, --Berto

• AlaskanDame
    19,000 Posts
    Wed, Jul 26 2017 10:59 PM

DonCaron:

This link was posted in WGT Beta section about the flash and alternatives

Flash

Very interesting article.  Thanks for posting . . . . 

• twinponds169
    3,019 Posts
    Wed, Jul 26 2017 11:36 PM

MBaggese:
    Maybe we'll all get a portion of our lives back;)

+ 1

• Mcduff61
    1,753 Posts
    Thu, Jul 27 2017 12:20 AM

As long as there are enough entities on the www running flash adobe will at the very least put out a final version that they will update periodically, which is actually what the status quot is now, ,,,,flash has already ended ,it just has not been completely replaced...

As far as WGT goes, .they WILL in the interest of supporting the almighty dollar deal with either a less stable less updated version of adobe flash, OR completely change how the website works because they would be forced to..not for you or me, but because wanting to make money will make it so..

I do not think they would just put a sign up one day that said :closed for business, wgt would figure out a way to try to keep you spending your time and money on the game....sans adobe or not....

• AndreasHelke
    675 Posts
    Fri, Aug 25 2017 5:09 PM

Microsoft Google and Firefox plan to remove support for the flash plugin from their browsers in 2020. So flash  will definitely disappear from almost all computers and will no longer be a viable platform.

• PAGES
RSS