Help › Forums

Drive leangth.

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 18 2009 9:30 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jasonzic
    5 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2009 3:18 PM

We are playing all these great courses, Courses that take good drives to make or break par, yet we the drive distances are about 50 yards shorter than what most people would actualy hit on the course. Expecialy if we have bought clubs, to average less than 250 yards per drive is not right. There are tour players who hit irons that far. We should be pushing the 300 yard mark. I ask that you put some effort to making the club distances a bit more realistic.

Thank you for the best game and with a few more improvments it will never beat, other thatn by the real thing.

• SonofAnarchy
    130 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2009 4:23 PM

uh oh.

• gmanis
    1 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2009 4:35 PM

I agree.  This would be a great game if the length off of the tee was a little more realistic.  I only play it once in awhile now hoping that some of the updates fix this issue.

If your business model was to provide this shorter, unrealistic experience off the tee and hope people buy clubs to fix it, sorry.  I see this as a bug not a feature.

I'll keep trying it off and on to see if this gets fixed.  This game has great potential!

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2009 6:54 PM

Hi Guys,

You will find as you progress into the master tier you can purchase additional "master" clubs that will allow you to drive that much further.

Have played with a few master tiered players and they are driving 300 yards quite regularly - however dont forget     "fairways and greens" & keep the ball in play.

Its no good hitting the ball 330 yards into the rough stuff !!

Keep practicing and we'll get there.

Cheers Doug

• coolhotfun
    229 Posts
    Fri, Sep 11 2009 11:32 PM

what do you drive in real life there jasonzic? My walmart driver goes about 200 if i hit it right. So their starter clubs are realistic.

• jasonzic
    5 Posts
    Thu, Sep 17 2009 6:47 PM

Well coolhotfun.....I have had Walmart drivers myself and even then i was able to drive 275 plus. I have purchased a hole set of clubs on here and i am telling you that a Ping driver is not only going to go 230 to 250 if you are with the wind.

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Thu, Sep 17 2009 7:24 PM

The irons are the same as well!

• Griz0613
    80 Posts
    Thu, Sep 17 2009 9:59 PM

I like how everyone complains about how the driver length isnt realistic. Like the accuracy is either... Its way too high

• imcoola
    228 Posts
    Thu, Sep 17 2009 10:59 PM

I disagree

longer drivers would make this game boring. Everyone could hit every GIR every Par 5 in 2 and even drive some par 4 holes. I think 275 is enough a 300 Driver would make this to a TW game.

regards

• twopacks
    1 Posts
    Fri, Sep 18 2009 12:20 AM

I used to drive my driver 230 when i was 13 and that was a persimmon driver with a wound ball, they really need to get more realistic on the starter set  or even bought sets even though I "get" the business model - buy for upgrades

• PAGES
RSS