Forums

Help › Forums

Thinner Flag sticks? Bigger Cups???

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 10 2009 8:29 PM (6 replies)
  • speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 7:45 PM

I have heard this several times in the forums. It would be really really nice if the physics engine could be modified to be less stingy. For example...

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=60cac89f-4383-4ad6-85e0-9c8000299e44

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 9:07 PM

Hi Speedy,

I think not !!

In my opinion the putting is just about right. If you make it any easier then people will be shooting 18 under on every round - thats totally unrealistic to my way of thinking.

Just have a look at the big guns on the site and have a look at their putting stats. You'll find they are very very good at putting, and have sunk some monsters. The best over 100ft. My best a dismal 68ft .

Looks like you need to practice more !! :-)

So - for me. Leave as is.

Cheers Doug

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 9:43 PM

I was referring to chip shots and such. I agree with u on the putting. It seems pretty realistic 2 me. The replay above is actually of a 3 iron from about 190yds I think. Now... I am not good enough in real life 2 hit many flagsticks.... but... from what I c on TV, it just seems as though the flagstick is extremely stingy. I understand that if the ball is going 50 mph when it hits the stick that there is very little chance of it actually going in... but... like it shows in the replay above... if the speed is decent, I think it should go in the hole

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 10:11 PM

i think our pins made of concrete are stingy... i'd expect pitches and chips to go in more often than they do.  

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Wed, Sep 9 2009 11:25 PM

agree, pins are extremely unrealistic.  Shots striking the flag dead on, at a pace that would have run out 2-3 feet max should drop 99% of the time.  Rather than the 10-20% of the time that they do on this game.

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2009 5:13 PM

I hate them pins! They are so... sensitive! the balls never go on, unless it just barely rolls in! Thats the one thing they should fix! They are so unrealistic!

• EPDuffer
    66 Posts
    Thu, Sep 10 2009 8:29 PM

I agree with you, Ed. Does Hit the Flagstick EVER go in the cup? The 35th time about five days ago was really getting tiresome, and, to date, I'm up to 41 Hits with no cup sound. I'm resigned to never getting it in on a Hit.

RSS