Forums

Help › Forums

Yet again, WGT disappoint!

rated by 0 users
Mon, May 16 2011 6:21 PM (7 replies)
  • KittyFanshaw
    620 Posts
    Thu, May 12 2011 7:07 AM

What a disappointment the new Congressional course turned out to be. I was under the impression we would have a new course open to us, for group play, club tourneys, etc....but NO...this is not the case at all. It turns out this is a promotional event for the USGA and...so it seems to me....if you enter the competition but don't make the cut, then you will only be able to play Congressional up to June 20th and, of course, if you hold out any hope of making the cut...then you are gonna have to move in the heady circles of the likes of AvatarLee, BolloxinBruge, Preistess et al, and that means...you're gonna have to shoot 10 under at the very, very least.

I only hope that WGT may see sense and, when the promotion is over, open the course up to general usage by everyone.

So what promise does Royal St. George hold for us? My guess is....just another short term promotional event.

• seanobrien
    296 Posts
    Thu, May 12 2011 7:14 AM

I'm afraid it is your impression that was wrong.

What has happened the last 2 years (Bethpage, Oakmont) is that the course is available to qualifying and then the tournament itself only until both of these are finished.

Sometime after that the course should be available to other formats of play as you have listed.

• GoodyChamp
    595 Posts
    Thu, May 12 2011 7:18 AM

KittyFanshaw:

What a disappointment the new Congressional course turned out to be. I was under the impression we would have a new course open to us, for group play, club tourneys, etc

IT IS!!!

dont know what you're complaining about, it's the best update in WGT history!

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Thu, May 12 2011 10:12 AM

KittyFanshaw:

What a disappointment the new Congressional course turned out to be. I was under the impression we would have a new course open to us, for group play, club tourneys, etc....but NO...this is not the case at all. It turns out this is a promotional event for the USGA and...so it seems to me....if you enter the competition but don't make the cut, then you will only be able to play Congressional up to June 20th and, of course, if you hold out any hope of making the cut...then you are gonna have to move in the heady circles of the likes of AvatarLee, BolloxinBruge, Preistess et al, and that means...you're gonna have to shoot 10 under at the very, very least.

I only hope that WGT may see sense and, when the promotion is over, open the course up to general usage by everyone.

So what promise does Royal St. George hold for us? My guess is....just another short term promotional event.

Fail

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 12 2011 10:22 AM

Absolutely zero disappointment here. Just finished the smoothest AS match with 3 other Legends I've seen yet. As swamped as the servers and that course must be right now  the game went off flawlessly, to include 2 SD holes.

A much different scenario for the Open this year. Now you can use multiplayer to share notes, strategies and shots on how to play the course. AS matches will be the order of the day.This wasn't available last year and will really make this Open great. 

And then we get to do it all over again overseas!! Ya mon, good times.  :-)

• racoondad
    322 Posts
    Thu, May 12 2011 10:22 AM

Group play IS available. You can create or join a group under "Experience Congressional."

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Thu, May 12 2011 10:25 AM

KittyFanshaw:

It is open. Go to the Congressional page. Then under "Experience Congressional" choose either "join group" or "create group" and you can play it with your friends in either stroke, match, alternate, or blitz play. Enjoy!!!

• KittyFanshaw
    620 Posts
    Mon, May 16 2011 6:21 PM

OK everyone, Thank You....I was just having a blonde moment :))

RSS