Help › Forums

Meter is nuts since May 17 update

rated by 0 users
Sat, May 27 2017 10:05 AM (21 replies)
  • K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Wed, May 24 2017 7:37 PM

Again, again, again...

After an update, clear caches. Always. You'd think Champions would know this. The mind  boggles.

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2017 9:19 AM

K7JBQ:

Again, again, again...

After an update, clear caches. Always. You'd think Champions would know this. The mind  boggles.

+1 Been playing everyday and have no meter issues what so ever . Most of us use one of the versions of Maxthon browser with little to no problems at all . So dont know whats causing the meter problem but its on the user`s end and not WGT`s . But its probably due to some type of update on the players end . Usually you can uninstall and then reinstall the browser is a normal quick fix. But got to keep your system clean and maintained .

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2017 11:54 AM

lonniescott711:

K7JBQ:

Again, again, again...

+1 Been playing everyday and have no meter issues what so ever . Most of us use one of the versions of Maxthon browser with little to no problems at all . So dont know whats causing the meter problem but its on the user`s end and not WGT`s . But its probably due to some type of update on the players end . Usually you can uninstall and then reinstall the browser is a normal quick fix. But got to keep your system clean and maintained .

There may have been an Adobe flash update about the same time as the WGT update, You know oft times a new version of flash doesn't work well with some browsers.With my older versions of Comodo Dragon and Slim Jet 64 my meter has been as smooth as ever. The only meter issue I am having is not being able to hit the ding as often as I would like. That being said I had quite a few flash crashes last night when I tried to play a round with Maxthon 5.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2017 12:25 PM

Again i posted on  on another  thread today . I was having meter probs  since the last up date , i use Skype with my regular ,    every time lately  i would use Skype to play my meter went crazy.  So yesterday  a friend asked me when was my last Skype up date? ,i told him long ago like months.So he said go to Skype and up date .  OK  i took a chance thinking Skype has nothing to do with my meter  problems .      Well guess what my meter  has came back perfect .                               Now this may not help all of you , but it sure fixed my prob.                                Francois

• GHassall
    8 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2017 4:34 PM

For me shakey meter is due to google ads being loaded on wgt home page. 1-2 times per hole the meter wonks out, so I have to pull from shot, go to home page, close ad, then meter settles again until next ad loads. 

You can give reasons why you don't want ads but of course that doesn't stop them :)

• garyk49
    2,314 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2017 8:20 PM

GHassall:

For me shakey meter is due to google ads being loaded on wgt home page. 1-2 times per hole the meter wonks out, so I have to pull from shot, go to home page, close ad, then meter settles again until next ad loads. 

You can give reasons why you don't want ads but of course that doesn't stop them :)

Once you have started the game client, you can go back and close down the home page. Problem fixed with ads loading on home page.

Best to just use one browser only for the game anyway.  Set the home page of that browser to the client page and go right into it.

Copy and paste this into the browser settings for home page.  

http://www.wgt.com/gameclient.aspx

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Fri, May 26 2017 7:14 AM

garyk49:

GHassall:

Once you have started the game client, you can go back and close down the home page. Problem fixed with ads loading on home page.

Best to just use one browser only for the game anyway.  Set the home page of that browser to the client page and go right into it.

Or you can take the lazy mans approach which is my favorite . Once you access the game client bookmark it in your favorites and click on it to enter the game . :-)

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Fri, May 26 2017 8:32 AM

garyk49:

GHassall:

What gets me is almost all the mods give the same rotten advice. Keep the main page opened and minimized. Never keep it open!  This is especially true on systems that barely meet  the basic requirements to play WGT.

Shoot with the game client set as your browser home page you never even have to open the main page unless you just want to.

• garyk49
    2,314 Posts
    Fri, May 26 2017 4:14 PM

lonniescott711:

Or you can take the lazy mans approach which is my favorite . Once you access the game client bookmark it in your favorites and click on it to enter the game . :-)

Not exactly lonnie, the lazy way is to copy what i put in the post into the home page of browser settings, or instead of adding as a favorite, just copy that from the address bar, go to settings and paste as home page.

Then add that browser to the quick launch area in the task bar.

From now on 1 click and you have the game client open.

Yours is open browser from desktop, go to favorites, scroll down to WGT game client link, then click on that.  Naw mine is much much lazier.

• robinsroost
    184 Posts
    Fri, May 26 2017 5:01 PM

been playing this game since 2012 have read all the stories of cause both wgt and end users issues. what is going on now with swing meter and rear view is most definite a result of some odd incompatibility not something that I can correct.

RSS