Forums

Help › Forums

Manchester incident

Thu, Jun 8 2017 1:11 PM (91 replies)
  • Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2017 5:30 AM

Ducati916:

something in some book somewhere about an eye for something...cant recall.  Be a shame if something went wrong in Libya in the next few days....

Quite likely that the Manc attack was the eye for an eye.

JimbeauC:

My wife and I wonder whether the perpetrators even knew the age group this would attract. 

Highly possible that the children and teens were the deliberate targets.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2017 5:59 AM

Vaibhav5viv:

Ducati916:

something in some book somewhere about an eye for something...cant recall.  Be a shame if something went wrong in Libya in the next few days....

Rephrase that I think....At the v least..EDIT:No offence as am sure no right mind would do anything other than unconditionally condemn...Just looks a little apologist to my read, and sorry if being overly sensitive made me wrongly read it as half possibly that way.

Vaibhav5viv:
    Highly possible that the children and teens were the deliberate targets.

Impossible that it was not them - Ariana Grande concert.  This sick cult is happy to have them as sex slaves or blow them up, no difference to them.....

• LuckySkreet
    611 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2017 6:06 AM

Vaibhav5viv:

Ducati916:

I genuinely make an attempt to understand all sides of an issue prior to a comment, and with all due respect.......

How the hell could anyone describe this (or any other act of terrorism) as an eye for an eye?  "Purposely" killing innocent children is hardly an "eye for an eye" and, in my opinion, the epitome of hate, cowardliness, and evil.  

I really don't give a damn who one is or what religious affiliation they belong........ engaging in these type atrocities (murdering innocent children, mowing down innocent pedestrians with trucks and other vehicles,  beheading, chopping and killing innocent folks to in the street, hijacking planes and flying them into populated buildings) can hardly be considered an "eye for an eye"........   

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2017 7:00 AM

LuckySkreet:

Vaibhav5viv:

Ducati916:

I genuinely make an attempt to understand all sides of an issue prior to a comment, and with all due respect.......

How the hell could anyone describe this (or any other act of terrorism) as an eye for an eye?  "Purposely" killing innocent children is hardly an "eye for an eye" and, in my opinion, the epitome of hate, cowardliness, and evil.  

I really don't give a damn who one is or what religious affiliation they belong........ engaging in these type atrocities (murdering innocent children, mowing down innocent pedestrians with trucks and other vehicles,  beheading, chopping and killing innocent folks to in the street, hijacking planes and flying them into populated buildings) can hardly be considered an "eye for an eye"........   

I fully agree with Danny on this one. The mistake we are making is attributing religion to the heinous acts of these thugs. Nowhere in the Koran is this behaviour condoned. Allah is a benevolent god. Jihad exists...but only under strict conditions.

These terrorists are cowards and murderers...plain and simple.

ct

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2017 7:27 AM

Vaibhav5viv:

Ducati916:

Explain please as that sounds supportive of the murdering fowl brainwashed low life.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2017 8:25 AM

ct690911:
    Nowhere in the X - X is this behaviour condoned

With the greatest of respect this is probably not the place to discuss specific takes on teaching...........Were I to express my views on it I would probably not be here long..........

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2017 8:45 AM

Jimbog1964:

Vaibhav5viv:

Ducati916:

Rephrase that I think....At the v least..EDIT:No offence as am sure no right mind would do anything other than unconditionally condemn...Just looks a little apologist to my read, and sorry if being overly sensitive made me wrongly read it as half possibly that way.

Not really what I was suggesting but more like how IS would go about playing it .

Wrote quite a bit more elaborately but realized that would be a quick ticket to the bin.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2017 8:55 AM

Vaibhav5viv:
    Not really what I was suggesting but more like how IS would go about playing it .

My only thought on that organisation is that it would obviously be better if everyone stood against it.................Bunch of prehistoric nutjobs, and the latest young 22 yr old in a family that took refuge and took the free house, free education, free health and a safe place.

They turned on it all in the most terrible way imaginable.................Personally, I think you need to think about how you come across........

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2017 9:22 AM

Jimbog1964:
    .Personally, I think you need to think about how you come across.

Did I come across as offensive coz I quoted something which was?

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Thu, May 25 2017 11:35 AM

Heh.  I was surprised that someone would stick their neck out on this subject.

I'll just say this without any elaboration - when France failed to elect Le Pen, I wrote them off.  Einstein is attributed to the quote, "The definition of insanity is performing the same actions and expecting different results".

There's a solution to this problem.  It's just not a solution that people will want to accept.

RSS