Forums

Help › Forums

Player Linked Intergrated Match = P.L.I.M.

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 8 2009 4:03 PM (8 replies)
  • plim
    1,388 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 12:44 PM

you know the situation your in multiplay its a fourball your playing partners are all taking their 90 seconds to hit their shots. 5 minutes later yes you guessed it, its deja vu we go through the same senario again play your shot wait 90 secs and another 90 secs and another 90 secs. hopefully everybody is on the green if not ,yes you got it, start the clock. 10 or so minutes to get on the green and its only the first hole and you all have to hole out, more time. up to 15 mins now only 17 more holes to go. i think you get the picture.

This is virtual golf so why do we have to wait like real golf for everybody to tee off. welcome to;-

Player Linked Intergrated Match = PLIM

Everybody tees off at the same time, everybody is under the same 90 second clock.

it would work like this. i tee off, i only see my shot and watch it land and stop i then wait for my three playing partners to do the same when the last one tees off and the ball come to a rest. i then see a 10 second replay of their shots in order of distance from the hole. whilst i'm watching their shots they watch mine and the other two players shots. total time 90 secs  + 10 +10 + 10 max = 2 minutes thats more that halved the playing time. this continues till everyone is on the green it then reverts back to single player single clock so you can chat and soak up the drama of putting out on the green.

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 12:54 PM

excellent idea!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 1:05 PM

The thought of the game trying to handle 4 players shooting at once when it can barely handle 1 scares me.  If they could work out the CPU load issues and pull this off without lag, then I'm all for it.

I'd also suggest allowing us to change the timer in addition to a mode that would support this type of play.

Extra points for making the acronym fit your name. =P

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 1:18 PM

On the other hand, it's often useful to wait & see others hit their shot before you are required to hit your own. I've always felt it's a psychological advantage for me to hit an approach shot to green, for example, only after my opponent. Based on how well my opponent did, I can judge how strong the wind effect may have been, whether I need to attack or can just play conservative with my own approach shot, etc.

So P.L.I.M. might be another game option, but it shouldn't be the only (or even the default) one, I think.

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 1:58 PM

the idea was only ever intended to be an option not the norm.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 2:12 PM

I think its a great idea, plim...  i like it..  Unlike some other 'golfers', who have to see what everyone else does, playing your own game and playing it faster is a great plan.

Lets get it implemented immediately.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 2:51 PM

i like the thought of a 4 player match taking a similar amount of time as a 1 player game.

a "speed golf" so to speak.

• plim
    1,388 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 3:21 PM

not so much speed golf as just cutting out the dead time

• sabbath270
    231 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 4:03 PM

This is easily done, as it is the model Albatross 18 / Pangya Golf uses.
    They don't use it here either due to:

A. Design philosophy

or

B. Haven't got around to coding it yet

RSS