Wed, Sep 9 2009 9:13 AM (26 replies)
  • rustynipples
    199 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 5:49 PM

Fair enough drivnchaos, and I agree 100%

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 5:59 PM

But if we had to use WGT avatar's, Id have to give my friend up!! :) The worst thng he ever did was lose his sunglasses on the course. Although at times he does leave a little extra something, but usually in the deep rough where Salamii got his ball hung up last week!! Zippy may know!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 6:11 PM

Lysti:
    And I would appreciate it if Faterson wouldn't post links to these types of profiles anymore

I posted one such link a single time to illustrate the issue. Now that you mention it, the person has managed to amass 35 "friends" in a single day of WGT presence, for a Platinum Friends Award.    I never suspected platinum got so cheap (to obtain) these days.

PS: I do not consider photographs of bikini-clad ladies offensive, merely out-of-place for a golf site. Perhaps the original poster might wish to specify what was meant under "offensive"?

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 6:22 PM

• brandi35
    295 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 6:25 PM

LOL, watch her picture get removed....gonna email WGT right now!!!!!

And I agree with you lysti!!!!!

B

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 6:39 PM

Lysti:
    Wow this is a golf site Faterson your opinion here is on the wrong side of the fence now.

Are you kidding?    I clearly said those pictures are out-of-place here, and that's no wrong-side-of-the-fence opinion. Offensive is too strong a term for me to describe such avatars; I merely find them to be ridiculously inappropriate.

PS: If there's a WGT rule concerning this, please post a link or excerpt; I can't see anything under Terms & Conditions.

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 6:46 PM

@ Faterson.

Offensive is a matter of taste.

What you find to be not, others may find to be.

Reposting a link known to be offensive to others is, well, offensive

Enough said !

• Lysti
    323 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 6:49 PM

WORLD GOLF TOUR (WGT) asks that you respect our on-line community and other individuals. When posting Submissions to or otherwise using the Site and/or the services, you agree not to:

Use racially, ethnically, vulgar, sexually explicit, hateful, or otherwise offensive language or images.

• logicus
    51 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 10:45 PM

you see how the most out there reply come from people who choose there cats as avatars lol. i had to remove my priviouse avatar because there was a marijuana leaf. its understandable that being offensive to some but what so bad about a few good looking ladies. there is no nudity. get a sense of the day an age you crazy cat people. lol

• Tresclub
    934 Posts
    Tue, Sep 8 2009 11:28 PM

I been wondering how the player got away with using an avatar of a naked guy with a raging erection?

RSS